Email for feed down notification

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
I have my email set up in the feed down notification section of my feed, but I never get a message when my feed goes down. ANy help would be appreciated. Thanks
John

KC9VZV

Premium Subscriber
Have you tried putting your phone number in for a text message notification?

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
Nothing in the spam folder, I checked that hoping it was going to be that easy. I set it up with my phone number and shut down of my feeds for 15 minutes and nothing. I just want to make my 4 feeds better and be able to know when they go down so I can get them back up, but nothing. I tried about 5 years ago to get the notifications working but couldn't. I Messaged Broadcastify and no one got back to me. I guess I'll have to rely on friends texting me or me happen to see when a feed is down.

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
I figured it out. I put in a new email address and it works. Still not getting texts, but thats ok. As long something alerts me when a feed is down.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
The issue here was that at some point this feed provider reported an email from RadioReference/Broadcastify as spam.

When someone does that we automatically drop sending emails to them from that point forward.

scanbc780

Usually Lurking
How do you get text msgs for feed providers?

Depends on the provider, but there is usually a way to do it for most of them... Example Verizon is "yourmobile#@vtext.com". You would in turn use that address as your alternate email address in your feed management page.

If you google "email to text message" there is a very extensive list of the different mobile providers syntax of accomplishing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.