Email Noitifications Have Bad Links

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzdiesel

Some of the notifications I get have bad links; especially the ones concerning the MOSWIN thread in the Missouri forum. A page loads that says page not found.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
As I said, the dot between "post" and "html" is missing.

I wonder if vBulletin has a bug wherein exceedingly long topic title names cause the dot to get missed somehow. I've subscribed to the thread to see if I get the same bad link the next time the thread is updated.

It'd be interesting to see what would happen if the title was shortened by removing things like "2012 - MOSWIN" at the beginning.

Jay911

Feed Provider
From the link: "230077-2012-moswin-missouri-statewide-interoperable-network-sites-talkgroups" is 76 characters long. A long thread I participate in regularly has 77 characters in the same string (between the / and the "-new-post.html" portion), and I get those posts just fine. So maybe that idea is scuttled.

However, with the forum title included ("missouri-radio-discussion-forum"), the string is 108 characters long in your link, vs 100 characters in mine (with "prairies-pacific-coast" as the forum title). That could be too long for the system.. Still, it'd be interesting to see if it persists if someone renames the thread to something shorter.

Jay911

Feed Provider
I just got a notification when jayres posted his new post and it was broken as well. I'll report the thread to get the title shortened, to see if it makes a difference.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Bez:

Wonder if this is in any way related to the PCRE version in use. I know there was a bug in PCRE 8.2.1 when it was originally released that caused issues for vbulletin users. Although the issue described wasn't the same issue as this, it might be related....

The patched version of PCRE 8.2.1 doesn't appear to be bug-free me either, although I've found it difficult to isolate what's going on. I've been noticing some idiosyncracies with my modsecurity compiled against patched PCRE 8.2.1.

Mike

bezking

Bez:

Wonder if this is in any way related to the PCRE version in use. I know there was a bug in PCRE 8.2.1 when it was originally released that caused issues for vbulletin users. Although the issue described wasn't the same issue as this, it might be related....

The patched version of PCRE 8.2.1 doesn't appear to be bug-free me either, although I've found it difficult to isolate what's going on. I've been noticing some idiosyncracies with my modsecurity compiled against patched PCRE 8.2.1.

Mike

That's certainly possible. Alas, I don't have access to the internals for the servers so that would be something for Lindsay to look into...

Status
Not open for further replies.