Emails not going to submitters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Hi - not sure if this is a DB admin function problem or an email service problem or what... but I have not had any of the "RR submission #123456 completed" emails in weeks. I think it actually might have been right around the time the email services got moved/restarted.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
No problems here.

I did the following as a test:

1. made a submission
2 . owned the submission [since I am an admin]
3. as an admin, commented on the submission
4. set the submission as "worked"

I got an email when the admin [also me] added a note. I got an email when the ticket was completed.

Might want to check your spam filtering on your end -- maybe they are going into your spam folder at your email provider now or are otherwise being treated as spam and being discarded by your email host.

Mike

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Just ran the same test as Mike and got both emails, no problems.

Have you checked both of your email accounts?

scannerfreak

Database Admin
I believe there was an email issue that was resolved recently. Maybe after your last completed submission. You should be getting them again from this point forward.

Last edited:

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
It would also be wise to simply whitelist all mail from notify@radioreference.com if they are important for you to receive.

Mike

My spam filters are all well-configured to capture everything I want - I don't get things falsely marked as spam. Still, I checked anyway, and nothing was there.

Scannerfreak offered to run a test with me and I've done so - waiting on his reply. EDIT: Received. Thanks muchly, SF.

Maybe it's related to the fact I have a ton of submissions open - maybe because I'm not getting responses (because nobody's working them), I'm subconsciously thinking I'm not getting anything back at all.

Thanks to all for checking into this....

Last edited:

mciupa

Maybe it's related to the fact I have a ton of submissions open - maybe because I'm not getting responses (because nobody's working them), I'm subconsciously thinking I'm not getting anything back at all.

Thanks to all for checking into this....

I had a peek at your submissions and I see ten for Newfoundland open and one assigned for Saskatchewan.

The admin assigned to Newf hasn't signed on recently, however any Global Admin. could own and work them.

Jay, check your Private Messages.

RomeRon

Hi - not sure if this is a DB admin function problem or an email service problem or what... but I have not had any of the "RR submission #123456 completed" emails in weeks. I think it actually might have been right around the time the email services got moved/restarted.

I was kinda wondering the same about PM's, I send them but don't hear any thing back. I guess I am just being ignored. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.