emegencie and military

Status
Not open for further replies.

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
we have a military base right by us in Florence az. I am wondering what the channel is. I cant seem to find it any were. also what's the emergency channel for az in case a nuke goes off or world war three happens

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Moved to the Arizona forum.

KB7MIB

That's a National Guard base down there. I don't know that anyone has identified any frequencies that are specifically utilized at that location.

However, here's the Arizona Division of Emergency Management statewide VHF repeater system. Also used by the National Guard.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=7279

The Arizona Public Service (APS) statewide trunked radio system. Some talkgroups are used by DEMA.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=2350

John
Peoria

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
thanks ill check on it right now

Only frequencies I have found is these at Davis - Monthan AFB in Pima County.

Frequency License Type Tone Alpha Tag Description Mode Tag
138.52500 RM CSQ 162FW CP VHF 162nd Fighter Wing, AZ ANG, Command Post AM Aircraft
252.10000 RM CSQ 162FW Maint 162nd Fighter Wing, AZ ANG, Maintenance AM Aircraft
252.97500 RM CSQ 162FW CP UHF 162nd Fighter Wing, AZ ANG, Command Post AM Aircraft
257.80000 RM CSQ TIA Twr UHF TIA - Tower - Military/Federal Use AM Aircraft
320.10000 RM CSQ TIA ATIS UHF TIA ATIS UHF - Military/Federal Use AM Aircraft
326.20000 RM CSQ TIA C&D UHF TIA Clearance & Delivery - Military/Federal Use AM Aircraft
348.60000 RM CSQ TIA Grnd UHF TIA Ground - Military/Federal Use AM Aircraft
392.20000 RM CSQ 162FW SOF-U 162nd Fighter Wing, AZ ANG, SOF AM Aircraft

118.85000 RM DM Twr VHF Tower - VHF AM Aircraft
253.50000 RM DM Twr UHF Tower - UHF AM Aircraft
121.80000 RM DM Gnd VHF Ground/Clearance - VHF AM Aircraft
275.80000 RM DM Gnd UHF Ground/Clearance - UHF AM Aircraft
127.15000 RM DM AS Discrt Airshow - Discrete AM Aircraft
138.50000 RM DM SOF VHF SOF - VHF AM Aircraft
239.80000 RM DM Metro Metro AM Aircraft
270.10000 RM DM ATIS ATIS AM Aircraft
294.70000 RM DM FAA FAC FAA - FAC AM Aircraft
327.70000 RM DM SOF UHF SOF - UHF AM Aircraft
372.20000 RM DM Plt Disp Pilot to Dispatch AM Aircraft
381.30000 RM DM Cmd Post Command Post - Callsign: Raymond-8 AM Aircraft
168.68750 B 114.8 PL Giant Voice Giant Voice - Base PA System - Low Power FM Military

Heritage Flight Training Conference
This is an annual event held in the first weekend of March.
118.50000 BM CSQ HFTC AirBoss Air Boss AM Aircraft
134.10000 BM CSQ HFTC A2A A2A Formation Discrete AM Aircraft
376.02500 BM CSQ HFTC F-22 F-22 Discrete AM Aircraft
384.55000 BM CSQ HFTC F-16 F-16 Discrete AM Aircraft

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Nice I got some work to do programming now. Thank you so much.

Your welcome. You'll enjoy Military air scanning I know I do. Thankfully I live closely to a major Air Force base that I can pick up near and far communications from the Pilots to the base.

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
That's a National Guard base down there. I don't know that anyone has identified any frequencies that are specifically utilized at that location.

However, here's the Arizona Division of Emergency Management statewide VHF repeater system. Also used by the National Guard.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=7279

The Arizona Public Service (APS) statewide trunked radio system. Some talkgroups are used by DEMA.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=2350

John
Peoria
but is a trunked radio I don't think I can get it. I thought that was a military base. I see military vehicles go out of it all the time. The solders are armed too.
speaking of repeaters, we have a tower 2 blocks from us. Its red and white and I think its defiantly a repeater an I right? do you happen to know if it is?

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
I like to listen to everything it is something to do out here. when I lived in mesa everyone had project 25 and I don't have that type of scanner. What amazes me is that Florence is on p25 and everyone else including pinal sheriff is on analog still.

n0doz

Premium Subscriber
The AZNG base over there off 79 is primarily a training area. I think you can see several firing ranges from the roadway. Radio use in the military depends on who's doing the activity. You're more likely to hear the helicopter traffic than anything else. There are quite a few flights from there, back and forth to that National Guard airfield next to Papago Park. It's not every day, they seem to go heavy for a couple days, then nothing for a few. I'm over at the eastern edge of San Tan Valley and many of them fly over here as they go around Gateway.
No way to tell whose tower that is without an exact location and a good description or photo of the antennas. Could be almost anything.
There are several "emergency" frequencies around here. I have a bunch programmed but I've never heard anything on them. Your best bet is look right here on the AZ pages of RadioReference and program a few, too, depending on if you have room on your scanner.
As for the Sheriff on VHF: combination of things, I'm sure, money being the primary consideration.

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
The AZNG base over there off 79 is primarily a training area. I think you can see several firing ranges from the roadway. Radio use in the military depends on who's doing the activity. You're more likely to hear the helicopter traffic than anything else. There are quite a few flights from there, back and forth to that National Guard airfield next to Papago Park. It's not every day, they seem to go heavy for a couple days, then nothing for a few. I'm over at the eastern edge of San Tan Valley and many of them fly over here as they go around Gateway.
No way to tell whose tower that is without an exact location and a good description or photo of the antennas. Could be almost anything.
There are several "emergency" frequencies around here. I have a bunch programmed but I've never heard anything on them. Your best bet is look right here on the AZ pages of RadioReference and program a few, too, depending on if you have room on your scanner.
As for the Sheriff on VHF: combination of things, I'm sure, money being the primary consideration.

one would think Florence does not have a lot of money to go p25 but they are.

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
my scanner has room I just figured out how to program names into it. However, I have to scan till I hit the channel I have not figured out how to use keypad to program it. Kinda suck because it take time to scan up to the channel if you know how to program a yaesu ft250 let me know. tried to google it and nothing has come up

Phoenix805

but is a trunked radio I don't think I can get it. I thought that was a military base. I see military vehicles go out of it all the time. The solders are armed too.
speaking of repeaters, we have a tower 2 blocks from us. Its red and white and I think its defiantly a repeater an I right? do you happen to know if it is?

Is that the one at 79 & Florence Heights Rd on the south end of town? That's primarily a cell tower. It has a few microwave antennas, probably for the cell provider, but possibly leased to someone else. It could have a repeater on it but I doubt it.

thomasbillman1

Feed Provider
is Military air even worth listening to? I live in Mesa not sure to even what to program that you could pick up in Mesa.

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
its the one by the prison.I am not sure of the street name. when I go by it I will check it out. If I could upload a pic I would show you. you can see it when your coming from Coolage. I just moved here like 3 weeks ago

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
have you seen the house off of southern and emerald. That guy has a bunch of antennas hooked to his house. I do not miss mesa at all I only have to go back once a week maybe twice if I work out there.

n0doz

Premium Subscriber
my scanner has room I just figured out how to program names into it. However, I have to scan till I hit the channel I have not figured out how to use keypad to program it. Kinda suck because it take time to scan up to the channel if you know how to program a yaesu ft250 let me know. tried to google it and nothing has come up

That's not really a scanner, it's a single-band ham radio. I understand that it's possible to use it like a scanner, but you won't get the same flexibility as you would with a radio that's made to scan several bands. Your listening will get better if or when you can get something like a Uniden or Whistler scanner. Not too much you can do now, unfortunately, but hang in there.

KB7MIB

The tower by the prison is probably for the prison. Look in the database for Arizona Department of Corrections. They're VHF.
The county jail by the courthouse there is on UHF I believe.
The federal detention center on the west side of the highway is probably encrypted.

John
Peoria

Status
Not open for further replies.