emegencie and military

Status
Not open for further replies.

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
The tower by the prison is probably for the prison. Look in the database for Arizona Department of Corrections. They're VHF.
The county jail by the courthouse there is on UHF I believe.
The federal detention center on the west side of the highway is probably encrypted.

John
Peoria

That's nice to know. The other night I was scanning amateur radio and I picked up someone in Glendale talking to someone in santan. they were saying something about building a antenna. I couldn't say I heard them all the way out here cause I am not a ham operator yet. I also built a antenna I gues I did good if it makes it to Glendale lol. O I also heard the police in golden valley too.

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
That's not really a scanner, it's a single-band ham radio. I understand that it's possible to use it like a scanner, but you won't get the same flexibility as you would with a radio that's made to scan several bands. Your listening will get better if or when you can get something like a Uniden or Whistler scanner. Not too much you can do now, unfortunately, but hang in there.
I have it set up to scan. I have kids and they like grabbing my radio sometimes so I have the call ppt set not to push. But You are right it is a ham. Good to have now a days with everything that's going on.

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
That's it 30 cops? seems like its more than that but I might be noticing the sheriff too. There all over this town.

n0doz

Premium Subscriber
Yep, 30. I looked it up. You've got the county seat and the sheriff's HQ there, so you're bound to see a lot of the deputies around town. Not to mention all those prison guards....
And get that license! We'd be glad to have you in the fraternity! I'm just up the road in San Tan Valley, so maybe we'll get a chance to talk sometime.

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
Yep, 30. I looked it up. You've got the county seat and the sheriff's HQ there, so you're bound to see a lot of the deputies around town. Not to mention all those prison guards....
And get that license! We'd be glad to have you in the fraternity! I'm just up the road in San Tan Valley, so maybe we'll get a chance to talk sometime.
I am having finical issues right now but as soon as I get the money I think I'm ready to take the test. that would be cool to talk over the radio. We were just out in santan the other day. we love it out there. We moved from gilbert to here got sick of all the rudeness out on gilbert san tan was on our list for places to move to.

Status
Not open for further replies.