Emergency broadcast on rf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delivers1234

Can there be a page that gives us notice of breaking news from radio on he national level. I don't monitor my but if there was something that happened on 1/1 and it was heard on the radio, it would be. Ice if it were posted. Sort of an emergency broadcast system....

The WEA Wireless Emergency Alert is part of the existing cellular network, the Presenditial alert will automatically alert all cellphones and you can receive nationwide emergency voice messages. This feature cannot be disabled, however Amber Alerts and other regional alerts can be set to not alert.

teufler

There is the Community Forum, the first forum listed, but breaking news usually goes in the state specific forum. I don't think a post will go into two forums automatically and you take a chance of getting a "brown helmet" if you post the same message into two forums. You could post in the Community Forum, a moderator would just tell you the subject belongs in the specific state Forum area . There is a section, in your ho,me state that is for breaking news. The cell phone deal sounds like it would be the easiest, I have got Amber Alerts a couple of times, that are regional in nature., You could get traffic when you are away from the scanner as well as near the scanner, or near the computer. Broadcastify, when you sign in, the give alerts there plus when you look at the number of listeners on a site, a good hint that something BIG is going on.

Hans13

If you have a smartphone, Scanner Radio can be set to alert if a number of listeners exceeds a certain threshold. Many times, that has alerted me to something happening in another city or state. Then, one can just click on it and usually there is a description of what's happening and the scanner feed plays.

I run Scanner Radio Pro so I'm not sure if that function exists in the free version. I highly recommend upgrading to the pro version. It doesn't cost much at all.

Delivers1234

If you have a smartphone, Scanner Radio can be set to alert if a number of listeners exceeds a certain threshold. Many times, that has alerted me to something happening in another city or state. Then, one can just click on it and usually there is a description of what's happening and the scanner feed plays.

I run Scanner Radio Pro so I'm not sure if that function exists in the free version. I highly recommend upgrading to the pro version. It doesn't cost much at all.

I use an iPhone with Tapatalk. When there is something in a feed I'll get a message. Can there be a national security/ mass interest feed? For things that would make national news?

So say a 3 state manhunt, or power grid etc. then there could be a link the state incidents in question.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
You need to join an incident notification network. There are several out there which provide the service you are looking for.

RFI-EMI-GUY

The WEA Wireless Emergency Alert is part of the existing cellular network, the Presidential alert will automatically alert all cellphones and you can receive nationwide emergency voice messages. This feature cannot be disabled, however Amber Alerts and other regional alerts can be set to not alert.

Oh my, 3 AM tweets from His Majesty.

Status
Not open for further replies.