Emergency Management Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
With all the craziness that is going on, let's keep a list of active Emergency Management frequencies and talkgroups in Arizona. Add known Emergency Management, FEMA, National Guard, etc to your scan lists if you don't have them. Post here with the frequency (with tone if applicable) and/or talkgroup that you have recently heard active.

The AZ State Emergency Operations Center held the "800mhz NET" this morning at 10:00am on talkgroup 1101 of the APS P25 system. Net control was callsign "State EOC" radio ID 1101085. I have heard rumor of talkgroup 1102 being active so there are likely other AZ Emergency Management talkgroups on this system.

At 10:15am was the Arizona "DEMA NET". NET control was the same voice as the earlier 800mhz NET and was callsign "51 Alpha". I received on 139.4375 100.0 PL (DEMA South Mountain) and 141.450 100.0 PL (DEMA Mt. Lemmon). I'm assuming other DEMA Radio Network frequencies also carried this NET, but these are the only sites I can receive.

Share what you hear active!

KB7MIB

I heard both state nets this morning as well. I can hear the South Mtn. and Towers Mtn. DRN repeaters. (I've heard talkgroup 1102 once, a couple of weeks ago.)

Maricopa County Emergency Management should have a net tomorrow morning on RWC talkgroup 1565. Around 9 or 9:30am? They ran it last week.

I've heard them on the White Tanks IR High site. I don't think they're on the simulcast sites. If you can't receive the White Tanks site, try South Mtn. or Thompson Peak.

If you have a good lowband antenna, you can also try to listen for the net on 47.6600 (127.3 Hz) after the TG 1565 net. I don't know if they still run it. I could only hear a very few stations, Peoria's EOC being one of them, in the past due to not having a proper lowband antenna.

I have yet to catch any Maricopa County Emergency Management talkgroups on the Maricopa County trunked system.

John
Peoria

Foresigt

I hope you all realize that there is virtually no Emergency Management radio traffic. As long as communications infrastructure such at cell phones and internet are operational (I doubt it will fail) there will remain to be very little traffic except for the normal everyday stuff. FWIW, most Emergency Management frequencies that are on the on the P25 systems are encrypted . I know that the State EOC channels are in the clear but watch for that to change in the future since all of the other EOCs have done it.

KB7MIB

It is still good to have them in your scanners, just in case. And training exercises, when in the clear, can be interesting to listen to.

Eventually, when I'm able, I'd like to have 1 scanner dedicated to interoperability and emergency management, and a few other things outside of the local fire departments, and police/sheriff/highway patrol.

I did not hear Maricopa County's net this morning on RWC TG 1565. I don't know if it's because I was in a bad reception area at 9-9:30am, or I mis-remembered the time, or if it wasn't held at all.

John
Peoria

Status
Not open for further replies.