Emergency personnel advise against publishing scanner traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
The only ones against stoppage of live feeds are those who profit from it. The owner of this site is one of the most glaring examples.

Confuzzled

The only ones against stoppage of live feeds are those who profit from it. The owner of this site is one of the most glaring examples.

I don't profit from them at all, and I'm not in favor of stopping them. I think it should be required by law or condition of their FCC license that the agencies provide live, open feeds. Transparency in government over secrecy every time.

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Who cares who profit's from it or not, the bottom line is that it does not matter if the feeds stay streaming or not.

All cities and counties moving forward are all on-board with secure transmissions. Period the End...

After 9/11 and to stay up with Homeland Security our hobby is getting narrowed down at a faster pace now. The technology has really blossomed and its cheap to use now.

Find a new hobby or figure out a way using a USB dongle with DSD to combat it.

iamhere300

A very incorrect statement. Sort of like me saying anyone from HICKsville NY is nothing but a ignorant HICK. We all know that not EVERYONE from HICKsville is not an ignorant hick, and one person making that claim does not make it so.

I provide a feed - and I represent an agency so far as my feed. No money, no glory, but a good way of making my patrons informed.

I do however get an Iced Tea from one of our local cafes for only $1.19 plus tax. I am sure the feed is the reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.