Emergency Response Guide Book 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyledad

I pre-ordered from Amazon and got it around the first of June, but the pdf version is pretty handy too.

Anyone with Palm, Windows Mobile, or Smartphone might be interested in WISER from the National Institutes of Health. It is a searchable database that operates without an internet connection once you've downloaded and installed. It incorporates ERG2008 but has extra features and info. And it's free.

WISER
http://wiser.nlm.nih.gov/index.html[/QUOTE]

KC0QNB

I pre-ordered from Amazon and got it around the first of June, but the pdf version is pretty handy too.

Anyone with Palm, Windows Mobile, or Smartphone might be interested in WISER from the National Institutes of Health. It is a searchable database that operates without an internet connection once you've downloaded and installed. It incorporates ERG2008 but has extra features and info. And it's free.

WISER
http://wiser.nlm.nih.gov/index.html
[/quote]
Sorry about this, but my computer won't fit in my glove box, the book will, and I am not terribly worried about haz-mat in my basement, other than the cat boxes lol. I will download the pdf and the next time I am in a truck stop I will but the hard copy, thanks for the heads up. I drive 25 miles each way to work and always within 200 feet of the UPRR main line, I have used the book in my car about twice is all, but I am glad I have it!

boyledad

Sorry about this, but my computer won't fit in my glove box

My computer doesn't fit in my glove box either, but my phone fits in my pocket. I use the pdf or online versions at work and the book is always in my go-bag, but the mobile version is handy if I'm curious about a truck I'm sharing the road with - it's easy to punch in a 4-digit number at a stop light or have my wife do it while I'm driving. They're all tools serving a common purpose - information.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
I have used the book in my car about twice is all, but I am glad I have it![/QUOTE]

That's funny I was gonna say I use this at least twice a day- I love knowing what everyone is hauling.

My favorites I've witnessed:
Nicotine preparation, liquid.
London purple
Lighters for cigars, cigarettes

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I'm required to carry one at work, I haven't got the 2008 one yet.

Then you're gonna die :lol:

Ok guys, funny story time. Responded as automatic mutual aid to a flipped over tanker that cracked open, arrive on scene, break out the binocs and read the numbers. Flip through the book that was only six months old and it wasen't there. Seems the boys at a local chemical plant brewed up something new that was quite interesting and too new for the book.

Even if it came out every year, that's still going to leave someone, somewhere, without the info they need. It's just the nature of things.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
did you ever figure out what it was?- the suspense is killing me...

The chemical plant had some of their dudes show up and tell us what it was, something that was used in textiles. It had to be kept at around 250-300 degrees, if it cooled off it could become volatile.

Those wacky chemical boys always up to something :lol:

BaLa

Supposedly we are are required to have it for work.
I am a trucker.
But don't even have a Hazmat Endorsement.
Anyways, just picked up a new one last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.