Emergency Srvcs - Canton & Hyde Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Hey all,

I'm a railfan from New Jersey planning on heading up on Amtrak's Northeast Corridor for a day or so next month, and am looking for the appropriate emergency services frequencies for Canton and Boston-Hyde Park. Police, fire, and EMS for both would be great, along with a bit of guidance on their codes and unit numbers.

Also how safe is the area around Hyde Park station, if anyone is from the area?

Thanks a million guys!

Last edited:

garys

Premium Subscriber
Hey all,

I'm a railfan from New Jersey planning on heading up on Amtrak's Northeast Corridor for a day or so next month, and am looking for the appropriate emergency services frequencies for Canton and Boston-Hyde Park. Police, fire, and EMS for both would be great, along with a bit of guidance on their codes and unit numbers.

Also how safe is the area around Hyde Park station, if anyone is from the area?

Thanks a million guys!

Boston Police Area E 460.4000 DPL 346
Boston FD Dispatch 483.1625 DPL 174
Boston FD Tone Alerting 453.650 PL 131.8
Boston FD Fire Ground 483.1875 DPL 265
Boston EMS Dispatch 462.975 PL 151.4
Boston EMS Tac 9 462.950 PL 151.4

Canton PD 471.3500 DPL 411
Canton FD 453.525 DPL 051

Milton (which is actually more accessible from and to Hyde Park)
PD 470.4625 PL131.8
FD 482.0750 PL 131.8

Dedham (also shares a border and major roads into Hyde Park)
470.9625 PL 131.8
453.6875 PL 88.5

As to how safe, as the lawyers say, it depends. During the day the Fairmount station is fine, after dark it pays to be cautious. Which is true of most cities most of the time. There is a police station a block from the train station on Hyde Park Ave. I'd seriously recommend staying out of bars in the area as they tend to be neighborhood places not very friendly to strangers.

If you are going further into Boston let me know as the police frequencies are different. If you are coming up during the day or even evening, South Station is the terminus and very close to the downtown tourist areas.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the help. Not a bar person, so no worries there. South Station is a great place, but I tend to enjoy the outlying locales better. Smaller stations usually are more railfan friendly. As long as Hyde Park station isn't murder central, I think it'll work.

Thanks man!

RKG

I don't know anything about railroad buffing, nor do I know anything about what arrangements you might have made with the operator of the system to be poking around, but, for what it may be worth:

A) You probably want to listen to the MBTA Police (a/k/a "Transit Police"), which dispatch on 470.6625, PL 131.8.

B) The MBTA police have full State Police powers throughout all jurisdictions in which any MBTA property is located, which includes all of the City of Boston. Of late, the MBTA police have been on heightened vigilance looking for people lurking around railroad facilities, and if you have an encountered with them, expect them to be aggressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.