Emission type names now on FCC filings?? Is this new?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dak4482

Hi all,

Looks like the latest FCC filings list from Glenn Mitchell is showing the brand names for some emission types. for example the NS and CSX filings are showing "NXDN","IDAS" or "P25 Phase II" after the specific emission type. Is this something new? Havent noticed it before. Is this something Glenn inserted or is typical of the FCC filings releases? I usually dont go directly to the FCC database but look at the release from Glenn.

Dan

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Hi all,

Looks like the latest FCC filings list from Glenn Mitchell is showing the brand names for some emission types. for example the NS and CSX filings are showing "NXDN","IDAS" or "P25 Phase II" after the specific emission type. Is this something new? Havent noticed it before. Is this something Glenn inserted or is typical of the FCC filings releases? I usually dont go directly to the FCC database but look at the release from Glenn.

Dan

It's something Glenn implemented.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Can you post the specific call sign for the license? I would be shocked if it was a new requirement.

troymail

Silent Key
I receive weekly license updates and noticed this week that the emission designators are now followed by descriptions like "MOTOTRBO" and "NXDN". Previously, I think I had only seen it on P25 Phase II records.

Interestingly, some of the records for new licenses in Maryland this week said "Phase 1" but I'm pretty sure they are "Phase 2".

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Can you post the specific call sign for the license? I would be shocked if it was a new requirement.

Emissions Designations are required on ALL Frequencies licensed by the FCC. All licenses have them. Glenn has just been adding what the designators mean on to the freqs so that everyone sees what could be used on the freqs. He has been doing this for a while starting with designating digital in bold, and analog normal. Then he started specifying P25 Phase II. Now he breaks it down to MotoTRBO/NXDN/iDAS/P25 Phase I/P25 Phase II. Though I personally would NOT use MotoTRBO, I would just use DMR due to the multiple flavors/formats of which MotoTRBO only covers part.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Though I personally would NOT use MotoTRBO, I would just use DMR due to the multiple flavors/formats of which MotoTRBO only covers part.

I would agree with this statement. MOTOTRBO is to DMR as ASTRO 25 is to Project 25. Why use one company's trademarked term over the all inclusive generic term?

Status
Not open for further replies.