Emmet Co. Listeners

Status
Not open for further replies.

gg750

Hi All,

I'm looking for listeners in the Emmet Co. area. I've been hearing a lot of new TGs on MPSCS that aren't listed here on RR. I've identified one, 4173, as being the Charlevoix Co. SO, and I'm hearing a new one today, 4171. I've heard MSP units from Post 78, so I know it's from that area. The other units I'm hearing are 23xx units. Can anyone confirm that 23xx units are from Emmet (or another nearby) county? I'm still waiting for an address to come over as that would allow me to verify location. I remember reading somewhere that the C.C.E Dispatch Authority was going to start looking into migrating, but I didn't think it was going to be this soon. I should add that I've heard these on sites 441 (East Jordan) and 443 (Chestonia)

Any help would be great! Thanks!

G

Last edited:

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
The last time I was up in the Emmett County area, was in 1991. However, back then I believe the Sheriff units were in the 24 series, but they were still on 39 MHz at that time. However, I have also heard that CCE does plan on migrating to the MPSCS over time.

Sounds like they are currently in the process of making the transition to the new TRS technology. I wonder if they will keep their old system intact, or just migrate all of their operations over to the MPSCS?

73's

Ron

gg750

I'm picking up Charlevoix SD on both their VFH and their new TG on the MPSCS. They may just hold on to their VHF until they're satisfied that they transition has been completed successfully. Or they may also follow Leelanau and hold onto their VHF for mutual aide...don't know why they'd need to though, nearly every county CCE boarders has migrated or is in the process of migrating to the MPSCS.

Now I just wish Grand Traverse would make the switch...everyone else around them is.

G

Status
Not open for further replies.