Emperor TS-5010

Status
Not open for further replies.

emtbls1987

Hello

I have a Emperor TS-510 and i cant get it to recieve properly it works then fades out i end up sometimes tapping the side to get it to have audio output. I also have a 1/4 antenna that i cant pick up anything in 10 meter band. i have tried using a discone antenna and get nothing. I dont no if the air is just that dead or what.
e
emtbls1987

CLynch7

Not much on 10 meters right now. Daytime is the best time to try, best results will probably be between 28.3-28.5 USB. In a couple of years, hopefully the sunspots will have picked up and 10 will be hopping worldwide. A dedicated shortwave receiver might also help.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Since you're not a ham I suggest a good general coverage receiver or if you're considering becoming one perhaps a mid priced all band all mode rig and power supply since they receive "DC to light waves". One of those obviously covers pretty much all your listening needs only it won't do trunking or P25 digital like a scanner. In any case I'd toss that 10M junk if for no other reason it cripples you with its severe limitations.

Yeah Chris, "hopefully" is the word, we're still waiting and nothing's happening. Last time around come evening Japan dominated 10 & 15M while I was hunting the rare ones, lousy pests! (;->)

Status
Not open for further replies.