Empire State Ambulance

Status
Not open for further replies.

nozzlenut83

Does anyone have any frequency information for Empire State Ambulance in the Dutchess County Area? I found a couple of 2 watt UHF freqs in the FCC database (464.3250 & 464.8250). Anyone know if they are using these? I haven't heard anything yet.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
nozzlenut83

D

DaveNF2G

Empire State Ambulance or Empire Ambulance?

Empire uses 155.205 in the Capital area. I've not heard of the other one.

cookiend15

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Empire Ambulance

Hello fellow scanner. I tried to do as many searches as I could for the 2 frequencies that you had mentioned for the Empire Ambulance however I was not able to link these 2 frequencies up with the Empire Ambulance. The frequency that Dave gave you of 155.205 is you best bet to have in your scanner right now. 155.205 is there most active frequency that I know of. If you could PM me what call-sign you found those 2 frequencies under for the Empire Ambulance than I could try to help you out some more. You could always put the 2 frequencies you mentioned into your scanner and see what happens, why not give it a try.

nozzlenut83

Hello all,

Thanks for all your help so far.

It is definately Empire STATE Ambulance, not Empire Ambulance. They have been operating in the Westchester/Putnam County area for a while now and have recently began expansion into Dutchess County with the construction of a new facility in the Fishkill area. They were also recently awarded the Putnam County ALS contract.

I know they use Putnam County Freqs, and 155.340, 155.400 to contact the hospitals, but I am interested in the freqs that they use for communicating with their base.

Joseph11,
Thanks. Thats the info I found. I have them in my radios, but I haven't heard anything. What concerns me is that they are 2 & 4 Watt mobile/vehicular repeater freqs. Nothing for a repeater or a base station of some type.

Maybe distance is a factor for me, but I routinely see these ambulances doing interfacility transports in my area. They have to be using some other means to communicate. Possibly leasing space on one of the commercial two-way radio systems in the area or using NEXTEL.

Thanks,
nozzlenut83

plectron

nozzelnut83, your SOL, they use NeXtel to communicate with their dispatch center, located on rt 9 at the Fishkill/Philipstown border. The 911 units communicate on the Putnam county channels to Putnam 911. There are 4 911 Medic units stationed in the county: Medic 1 is at Philipstown VAC, Medic 2 is at Putnam Valley FD sta 2, Medic 3 is at Mahopac FD sta 3, & Medic 4 is at Patterson FD. You will occasionaly hear Medic 5 & 6 on the air, these are generally supervisors and may be anywhere within the county.

SCANdal

Silent Key
plectron,

So, if I'm understanding you correctly, Empire State Ambulance is now the ALS provider for Putnam, instead of Alamo?

SCANdal

nozzlenut83

SCANdal,

Empire State Ambulanace is now the ALS provider for Putnam as of Sept 29. They have three new Hummer H3 fly cars to use as the medic vehicles.

Plectron,

Thanks for the info. I suspected that might be the case. I had heard the same thing about Transcare in the Town of Wappinger. Can anyone cofirm that?

Thanks,
nozzlenut83

SCANdal

Silent Key
nozzlenut83 said:
They have three new Hummer H3 fly cars to use as the medic vehicles.
Sharp.

Gentlemen,

Did Empire State Ambulance take over the old agency designation of 35 that was used by Alamo or were they assigned a new number? I presume that "Putnam 911" dispatches ESA over 155.205 (123.0).

SCANdal

plectron

Empire took over the designators for the medics, 35M*, But that designator is rarely used. They usally just say Medic X to 911 ect. All the Medics are dispatched on low band and follow the county low band radio plan. From what I can tell none of the medic vehicles have VHF radios, they do however have mobile extenders that are UHF.

Status
Not open for further replies.