HP-2: "Empty" Favorites List

JDEMT

Posting here as I have not found an HP2-specific forum for my question.

I have several Favorites Lists devoted to California Highway Patrol with separate FLs for various patrol areas.
My question is this: Most work just fine, except for one. I'm not hearing anything on that one FL. When I select this FL as the sole FL to monitor, the display reads that no channels have been loaded. Going to "Edit Favorite List", it does show each of the frequencies programmed. Am I missing something?

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
Based on info you have provided, I’ll go out on a limb here and say … yes, you are missing something.

You have to provide some more details and posting this FL would help too. Export it from Sentinel and zip it to attach here.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Welcome to the Radio Reference forums! Please attach your favorites list file so we can take a look at it. Go to the File tab in HomePatrol Sentinel and click on Export to hpe file. You will need to zip the exported file to be able to attach it. Click on Attach files and open the zipped file.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Posting here as I have not found an HP2-specific forum for my question.

I have several Favorites Lists devoted to California Highway Patrol with separate FLs for various patrol areas.
My question is this: Most work just fine, except for one. I'm not hearing anything on that one FL. When I select this FL as the sole FL to monitor, the display reads that no channels have been loaded. Going to "Edit Favorite List", it does show each of the frequencies programmed. Am I missing something?
The "Nothing to Scan" checklist page in the Wiki has a number of things to check & rule out.

As jt & tvengr have already suggested, posting the problematic list can often help. Quite often, it's something very simple that was accidentally overlooked, which most of us have had happen a time or two,

For the list in question, how did you create it?
Entering details using Sentinel or another software package (ProScan or ARC536)?
Pasting channels from another list, or an Excel spreadsheet?

If created by any method other than appending systems in Sentinel from the main database, location data must be entered as part of the programming process. If the list that is being ignored is set to use Location Control, did you manually enter that as well? (When a list is created by appending systems from the database in Sentinel, location details are appended along with the system information (Systems, Sites, Channels). For those that are Premium Subscribers, creating a list via imports from the main database. Neither ProScan nor ARC536 create Favorites lists for the HP-1/HP-2 scanners, so database importing is not an option. (Butel's Arc Patrol software can be used for programming, but online description does not show that it can do database imports for Premium Subscribers.)

JDEMT

I have solved the problem. It was, as heigtx suggested, that I had "Location Control" turned "on". I turned if "off" and – lo and behold – I'm getting my "missing" FL!

Thanks to everyone who stepped forward to help.

tvengr

Well Known Member
If location control is enabled and latitude and longitude are "0" (nothing entered), your favorites list will work in the Gulf of Guinea off the west coast of Africa. I haven't actually tried that to verify it.

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
If location control is enabled and latitude and longitude are "0" (nothing entered), your favorites list will work in the Gulf of Guinea off the west coast of Africa. I haven't actually tried that to verify it.

Although it is unlikely anything will be within the maximum range unless they are equally mis-programmed to o-o. :cool: