EMRC Freqs for St. Mary's County

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOMDSCANNERS

Looking at the EMRC page (http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=1636)

I see:
Region V: Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, Prince George's County, St. Mary's County.
Tone D = 192.8 Hz (Region V and Washington DC)

I live in St. Mary's County (Region V).

My questions are :
Should I set the 192.8 Hz tone on the Frequencies listed under both of the "Frequency" column as well as the "Input" column?

I do want to be able to hear the mobiles but want to set the PL to keep all of the other areas quiet.

I notice there are only a few frequencies listed for region "V". Should I only program these with the PL of192.8??? And not program the freqs listed for the other Regions? I do not wish to hear any other regions.

463.00000 468.00000 BM Med 1 (Region V) FM EMS-Talk
463.02500 468.02500 BM Med 2 (Region V) FM EMS-Talk
463.10000 468.10000 BM Med 5 (Region V) FM EMS-Talk
462.97500 467.97500 BM Med 10 (Call 2 - Region V) FM EMS-Talk

Any help would be most welcome.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
You would need to be close to the mobiles to hear them. Just program the outputs with the proper PL (and in this case, it would be the 463 mhz freqs). You might check the St Mary's database entry; many times these freqs are echoed onto the local trunk system. I suspect tgs 06-121 on down would where you would find them.

73 Mike

Last edited:

SOMDSCANNERS

You would need to be close to the mobiles to hear them. Just program the outputs with the proper PL (and in this case, it would be the 463 mhz freqs). You might check the St Mary's database entry; many times these freqs are echoed onto the local trunk system. I suspect tgs 06-121 on down would where you would find them.

73 Mike

I have been listening to the Trunked system. I have yet to have heard any EMRC patches at all or patient info being passed via the Trunked system.

I would like to be able to hear the mobiles if they are close enough. So I assuming I should program the 192.8 Hz for the input frequencies as well??????

Also, Can you confirm all I need are the 4 pairs of freqs listed fo Region "V" as noted previously???

Thanks for taking the time to answer these. I am trying not to fill my scanner up with stuff I'll likely never hear anything on.

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I would imagine the mobiles would be transmitting the tone, so yes, if I was going to listen for them I probably would program it. I'm not in St.Mary's so I can't confirm whether both the repeater and the mobiles send the PL. As for the trunk system, I don't know - a St Mary's scannist is needed here.

Note however that many hospitals are now using telemetry and MDTs to transmit actual patient information due to HIPAA laws. I'm surprised AA and Baltimore county isn't doing this now, but I hear constant chatter about patient conditions on their respective trunks.

73 Mike

Detjohnc

Med freqs on county trunked system

I just wanted to let people know that I have heard many ambulance/medic conversations with St. Mary's Hospital on the trunked system. I have not heard anything from them on the UHF frequencies lately, but on the county's Edacs system they do have three talkgroups. I have only heard them on 1, and 2, but the conversations usually start out by, "St. Mary's online. Go ahead." And whichever ambulance they are communicating with will say something like, "we are en route to your location with.....and then patient status." It is crystal clear, and I can confirm it's use.

John Crupi
DetJohnC@aol.com

Last edited:

ocguard

It seems that most of the EMRC traffic from St. Marys county is now done on the EDACS system, BUT, if you are monitoring the EMRC UHF frequencies, the answer is YES, the mobiles do transmit with a tone. If not tone-guarded, the EMRC receivers would be hearing input traffic from about 30 different UHF-Med users in adjacent states.

I am not aware of any Maryland EMS agency that sends patient information to hospitals via MDT. This is unrealistic for the pre-hospital setting, as it requires the EMS provider to input patient data via keyboard, which would interfere with patient care. Sending an EMS-to-hospital radio report via voice is the only realistic way, as it allows the provider to continually assess the patient, treat as needed, and give updated information, as well as allows the hospital to return with input, questions and orders. This NOT a HIPAA issue, so long as the patient's name and other identiying information are withheld from radio transmission. Regardless, it's considered an incidental disclosure, acceptable because it is necessary for continum of patient care.

Some EMS services are using what could be referred to as "telemetry" but in most cases, if ECG data needs to be sent to a receiving hospital ahead of the ambulance, it's done by cell phone. All Maryland ALS EMS services are issued Lifepak-12 cardiac monitor/defibrillator/pacers units, which connect directly to a hand-held cellphone, and send the ECG summary to the ER's fax machine. The last EMS agency in in Maryland that I know of that regularly sent ECG via true "telemetry" over the UHF system is Ocean City.

It should also be noted that, when a county uses their 800mhz system for EMRC purposes, that they are operating completely independantly of the statewide UHF-Med system. Many people are under the impression that a patch is established between the county's 800mhz system "MED" talkgroup and the statewide UHF-Med channels. This is not the case. The county's 800mhz system is patched directly into a fixed link (whether it be landline, microwave, or RF) to the hospital's remote handset, and in no way involves the UHF system.

Status
Not open for further replies.