EMS/Ambulance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I notice a lot of places don't have ambulance frequencies or talkgroups and there is a lot of private ambulance companies in Alabama, I was thinking we could all discuss them here? Does anyone know about Regional paramedic services in central al, I hear "RPS in route" but how are they notified and do they do it someway that I can hear them? Thanks for any help and sorry i have all these probably simple questions

N4LX

Premium Subscriber
I don’t have much for Central Alabama but Cullman County is VHF P25, Marshall County is VHF possibly DMR, Blount County is VHF analog — all still in the clear AFAIK. Lawrence County is VHF analog with inversion scrambling, and HEMSI in Huntsville is on AIRS, most likely encrypted. NorthStar in Tuscaloosa was using cellular as I recall and I think RPS usually does now as well. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

RPS uses FirstNet PTT service for their internal communications. FirstNet is not capable of being monitored by a scanner. As for RPS in a large portion of Central Alabama, including Shelby County, 911 centers notify them through a shared "chat program." If that fails, they communicate with them via telephone. Some RPS crew are also members of local fire departments. They utilize their fire radios to communicate on local talkgroups with dispatch centers when responding as an RPS ambulance.

medic9351301

Banned
southern linc has been replaced with Mission critical Push To Talk
first net works off the att network
both are not monitorable:
central alabama :
rps - push to talk / they have been known to use their vhf freqs as a back up. the rams chopper does have a vhf freq as well as a sat phone .
northstar - push to talk
advantage- push to talk
lifeguard- push to talk
blount ems- dispatch on 463.100 then switch to a push to talk .
cullman ems vhf p 25

KG4DRF

I don’t have much for Central Alabama but Cullman County is VHF P25, Marshall County is VHF possibly DMR, Blount County is VHF analog — all still in the clear AFAIK. Lawrence County is VHF analog with inversion scrambling, and HEMSI in Huntsville is on AIRS, most likely encrypted. NorthStar in Tuscaloosa was using cellular as I recall and I think RPS usually does now as well. Please correct me if I’m wrong.
Marshall county is VHF but in process of switching to P25 AIRS. Us to happen sometime in the next 2-3 months.

Reactions: zac

garys

Premium Subscriber
EMS in Baldwin County is on the countywide 700 Mhz system. MedStar has three TGs and N. Baldwin EMS has one. Phase 2, but not encrypted.

Status
Not open for further replies.