• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

EMS codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstockmyer

Can someone clue me into what the EMS people are talking about when they refer to a victim as RED or BLACK? I think there are others but I can't think of them.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
cstockmyer said:
Can someone clue me into what the EMS people are talking about when they refer to a victim as RED or BLACK? I think there are others but I can't think of them.
It's trauma triage guidelines.

Green = Minor
Yellow = Serious
Red = Critical
Black = Dead

Jim<

Along the same lines, Jim, can you point us to a place on the web maybe that lists the elements of the Glasgow Coma Scale. I know its a system of points in three categories, but Im curious of the criterion.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
epbernstein said:
Just remember there is no such thing as a GCS of 0, the lowest you can get is a 3, many folks get that confused. We also use a saying "less than 8 intubate" so that helps you understand that a patient with a GCS of 8 or less often is not able to manage there own airway helps when your considering the need for ALS intercept or chopper go, a big issue especially in most rural areas of Colorado.

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
cstockmyer said:
What does it mean when they refer to someone as priority one?
Only some systems use that and most are actually getting away from it, just another method of triage similiar to referring to a patient as a priority red, green or yellow.

Jim<

Status
Not open for further replies.