EMS FleetNet Talkgroups/Towers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
Good evening and happy Friday everyone,

Was wondering if anyone had a list of which EMS talkgroups came off each tower? Trying to make things a bit more efficient and have a better grasp of what towers to scan for particular talkgroups.

Reason being - I noted off MOWAT, I would get Georgian Tac 1/2, but not any others. Once, I was picking up King City I saw 1, 2, 4, 5. Noted I didn’t get any Oshawa off MOWAT or King City, but quickly saw activity once I was on Whitby.

Does anyone have a fairly good grasp of which EMS groups are covered by each tower in the GTA?

Appreciate any help and input. I will likely go out and do some driving and data logging tomorrow for this as well.

2Dis

With 39KING I can pick up Georgian (all TACs), Mississauga (Peel TACs only, haven't heard Halton on TAC 3 yet), Oshawa (can't recall specific TACs but def heard them before) and Toronto CACCs.

Not sure if this is true or not, correct me if I'm wrong pls - perhaps your proximity to the tower can change what you can/can't hear?

Last edited:

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Hamilton Charlton tower will cover Halton EMS, Tac 3, generally not any of the Peel region talkgroups.

It will cover all of the available Hamilton CACC TG's,

Niagara most of the time
Zone 1 34976, and zone two (Cacc's where EMS numbers begin with 2,)

What other towers do u need? There are WIKI articles that I wrote back in the day for various towers, Charlton, Mowat, Dyers Bay and Wiarton,

Check those out and let me know if you need more info for towers.

E

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Good evening and happy Friday everyone,

Was wondering if anyone had a list of which EMS talkgroups came off each tower. Trying to make things a bit more efficient and have a better grasp of what towers to scan for particular talkgroups.

Reason being - I noted off MOWAT, I would get Georgian Tac 1/2, but not any others. Once I was picking up King City I saw 1, 2, 4, 5. Noted I didn’t get any Oshawa off MOWAT or King City, but quickly saw activity once I was on Whitby.

Does anyone have a fairly good grasp of which EMS groups are covered by each tower in the GTA?

Appreciate any help and input. I will likely go out and do some driving and data logging tomorrow for this as well.

Fonthill tower is interesting. It's my go to tower when I drive east of Hamilton and I use it between the Burl/Oak border to the Ford plant. Having the lake acts to enhance, there is little in the way to stop the signal.

So Halton EMS comes in on Fonthill, maybe Hamilton CACC, Niagara CACC,

As for P25 stuff, the Burlington /Niagara tg, the Haldimand/Brant patch, some MTOE stuff

Again, check out the wiki. If anyone feels that they should be updated I will do so.

E

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
Check those out and let me know if u need more info for towers.

Hey EJB, thanks for the reply. I take it you mean this page on the wiki? The Mississauga section definitely helps. I'm looking for MOWAT, King City, and Mississauga, so the wiki puts me at 1 for 3 so far.

mciupa

Canadian Database Admin
I also notice Hamilton City East on the Mowat tower. Another rare one for me is London North off of the Primrose tower.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I noted off MOWAT, I would get Georgian Tac 1/2, but not any others. Once, I was picking up King City I saw 1, 2, 4, 5.

TACs 4 & 5 are for Simcoe County so it's unlikely a Simcoe County unit would need coverage that far south. Once you get a little further north, then the towers would carry all the TACs. Once you get even further north into Simcoe County (Penetang for example) it's unlikely they would carry the York Region TACs.

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
TACs 4 & 5 are for Simcoe County so it's unlikely a Simcoe County unit would need coverage that far south. Once you get a little further north, then the towers would carry all the TACs. Once you get even further north into Simcoe County (Penetang for example) it's unlikely they would carry the York Region TACs.

Makes sense! So only seeing TAC 1+2 downtown would definitely be normal then.

I'm going to head downtown today likely and see what talkgroups I get off MOWAT, then head north and see which ones I'm getting off King City to really nail it down.

gary123

EMS usually don't roam far from their home towers. You may occasionally pic up a TAC on an outlying tower but this is more from propagation rather than the unit being in that towers coverage area. A quick guideline would be to take the EMS TG name and then reference it to towers in that area. IE London West TG. Can be expected to be heard on sites 8 and 27

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
I did some hunting today and will maybe try to update that Wiki page of Fleetnet towers/talkgroups. Here’s what I got off each tower for EMS

MOWAT:

GEO TAC 1
GEO TAC 2
HALTON EMS
HAM CITY EAST
MISSISSAUGA TAC 1
MISSISSAUGA TAC 2
MOH OSHAWA S

King City:

OSHAWA CACC
Georgian Tac 1-5
Mississauga Tac 2, 4, 5

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Another rare one for me is London North off of the Primrose tower.

Mike: I'm thinking that Grey County being so close to Primrose that London North would be active.

Steve : out your way do Grey County EMS cover the towns near or just on Grey Co like Two Mountains or Wasaga or does Simcoe EMS provide services?

VA3DBJ

Ontario Database Admin
Database Admin
Whitby Tower - Oshawa CACC - Toronto CACC - PCOM
Pontypool Tower - Oshawa CACC
Sunderland Tower - Oshawa CACC - Georgian CACC
Cobourg Tower - Lindsay CACC - PCOM
Peterborough Tower - Lindsay CACC - PCOM
Demorestville Tower - Kingston CACC - PCOM
Campbellford Tower - Lindsay CACC - Kingston CACC - PCOM

Status
Not open for further replies.