EMS in Wellington co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.10+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.1.0.1483 Mobile Safari/537.10+)

Are there two different EMS services in Guelph or just one?

I have heard Guelph EMS referred to as Royal City/Guelph Ems but outside of the city of Guelph are they referred to as Wellington Co 2238? Are EMS units in the city of Guelph referred to as Wellington Co or Guelph/Royal City?

chippie

I just bought a new BCD125AT scanner. I did a search with it this week and got the local EMS on 143.8650. I've heard them going into the Guelph General Hospital and also Cambridge hospitals. Not sure where they are dispatched from?

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I just bought a new BCD125AT scanner. I did a search with it this week and got the local EMS on 143.8650. I've heard them going into the Guelph General Hospital and also Cambridge hospitals. Not sure where they are dispatched from?

Your scanner will not allow you to monitor the Bell Fleetnet system. You can enter in the frequency you listed but all EMS services in southern Ontario (except for Toronto) use the Bell fleetnet system. You are going to miss out on a great deal of the radio traffic you mentioned as the OPP, MTO, and MNR use this radio system as well. And it's no fun to hear the digital noise when the scanner picks up a OPP or MNR unit.

Again, the database, so crucial to this site, it should be read and checked because we are more than 10 years in on Guelph Wellington EMS using Fleetnet.

Monitoring your way is like eating white rice without something to enhance it, bland and difficult to do.

chippie

I realize the BCT125AT won't work with Bell Fleetnet but I'm still hearing EMS on 143.8650. I can hear them talking to units as far away as Mississauga but only one side of the conversation. Is they are in Guelph, Cambridge or Waterloo area I can hear both sides. Aside from the occasional data bursts I can hear them on a regular basis.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I realize the BCT125AT won't work with Bell Fleetnet but I'm still hearing EMS on 143.8650. I can hear them talking to units as far away as Mississauga but only one side of the conversation. Is they are in Guelph, Cambridge or Waterloo area I can hear both sides. Aside from the occasional data bursts I can hear them on a regular basis.

Great, if you are happy with this who am I to argue?

The data bursts are digital voice comms by the OPP,MNR, etc.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I don't recall saying that I was happy!!

Lolz:

When you bought this scanner, did you want to listen to Fleetnet? You were aware that this scanner was good for air stuff, Ham, weather, various repeaters but not a scanner capable of trunk tracking.

EMS in your area have been on Fleetnet for almost 10 years, previously you would no problem following a conversation on its conventional frequency.

If you aren't aware, the MOH use pagers 149.440 to call out, 150.100 is used these days by Ornge. And, if you are close enough to a call, the EMS units have repeaters in them, enter those in if they aren't already.

chevyman

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.10+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.1.0.1483 Mobile Safari/537.10+)

Are there two different EMS services in Guelph or just one?

I have heard Guelph EMS referred to as Royal City/Guelph Ems but outside of the city of Guelph are they referred to as Wellington Co 2238? Are EMS units in the city of Guelph referred to as Wellington Co or Guelph/Royal City?

2238 is one of the unit numbers for ambulances in the county. When I lived in Harriston I would see 2238 and 2239 driving around that area quite often.

Status
Not open for further replies.