EMS Medical Control/Hospital Patching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nchawk

As someone who has recently started EMT training I enjoy listening to EMS calls out here in the west valley through the standard fire dispatch on 154.19 and the K deck talkgroups. However, Ive been struggling in my efforts to figure out the frequencies that paramedics use for patching with Medical Control and for "courtesy calls" to hospitals before arrival. Even when I think Ive tracked frequencies down, they seem to be dead.

So, any tips?

E5911

Premium Subscriber
ems med control/patching

Tuscon and Phoenix handle thier own patching, DPS handles the rest of the state outside of "standalone repeaters" Most units patch with cell phones now.

Speaking to DPS today they confirm, thier console, with MED5 as the dispatch channel will discontinue operations this summer. The Standalone repeaters will remain.

The reason for the change in operations is the present configuration had mutiple med channels at each of the 31 DPS sites and all had to be narrowbanded. there was simply no money. So the Standalons got narrow banded and the decision was made to decommision the rest of the system. Too bad.

AZhummer

definitely too bad! does this mean dps ranger and dps dispatch will be using something other than 463.1/468.1 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.