EMS Priority Meaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

NFR85

Can someone please tell me what a Priority 1, 2, 3 means? I looked everywhere. No Luck finding it.

Thanks

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
Can someone please tell me what a Priority 1, 2, 3 means? I looked everywhere. No Luck finding it.

Thanks

It probably just means how important the call is. Here, a Priority 1 call is the most important call and so on. Like a Priority 1 MVA is going to be a bad car crash in which fire and ems need to respond with lights and sirens because of injuries or hazards to other people..

ResQguy

Meh
In DC or in general? In DC, Priority 1 is Unstable; 2 is Potentially Unstable; 3 is Stable. Other jurisdictions (Like MD) have a Priority 4 which is "no treatment required", commonly used for deceased.

thomasfd13

In my county we have alpha priorities. Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta are the basic and with some there are Echos, Idahas, and others. They are a priority and different places use different codes. A good place to find these are on the EM's website.

ResQguy

Meh
In my county we have alpha priorities. Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta are the basic and with some there are Echos, Idahas, and others. They are a priority and different places use different codes. A good place to find these are on the EM's website.

Well, that's a different story. Perhaps I should have clarified. TRANSPORT priorities in DC are 1,2,3. DISPATCH priorities in AMPDS codes are Ω,A,B,C,D,E - from lowest to highest priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.