"Enable Web-Based Scanner Control"

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC9NEG

Is this option supposed to be available in the current version of ScannerCast (I'm using a PSR-500)? What scanners are supported and how much control is available?

brandon

Database Admin
That would be epic. I look forward to seeing this implemented.

KC9NEG

I had that plan, until I watched a BCD396XT with stock antenna flat-out SMOKE my PSR-500 with a directional antenna, despite patient experimentation (aiming) receiving MECA 1. I just programmed a BCD996XT for my feed, so I do hope this feature is implemented soon. Had the Pocket PC client up and running, too... very cool.

PeterGV

K1PGV
While it's not a substitute, you do realize that with the current version of ScannerCast you can run remote control software to remotely control or change the programing on your scanner, right?

While ScannerCast is running, go to the Advanced tab and click "Suspend Sending Tags" -- This will cause ScannerCast to temporarily close and release the COM port (but continue sending audio, as if your scanner were in "audio only" mode). You can then run a remote control/programming utility to change your scanner's programming, lock out channels, select different scan groups, or whatever.

When you're done, exit from the remote control/programming utility and click the "Resume Sending Tags" button on ScannerCast's Advanced tab. This causes ScannerCast to go back to open the COM port again and resume sending tags.

I added this feature (it was surprisingly difficult to do, in fact) at Lindsay's specific request. But it turns out to be something a lot of folks appreciate, so I'm very glad he suggested it.

Hope that helps SOMEwhat,

Peter
K1PGV

mitbr

It would also be nice if we could manually enter a message in the text tag while scannercast is broadcasting presently this box is not available while broadcasting ....this idea would allow broadcasters to send a tag message to their listeners when a major event occurs or the scanner is about to go offline....
Thanks for a great program Peter your hard work is appreciated!!
Tim
kg4jjs

PeterGV

K1PGV
@mitbr/tim:
This is actually on the To Do list as item #21 (K1PGV's ScannerCast To Do List) -- I'm sure it sounds easy to do, but it's not quite as easy as I had hoped.

@tbhausen/Todd:
Yeah... it would help if there was a better description, or a tool tip, or SOMEthing that described this feature of ScannerCast. The next release of ScannerCast Std Edition will have this, and I updated the FAQ here in the WIKI to address this topic.

Keep the ideas, and the feedback, coming! It's certainly appreciated. ScannerCast wouldn't be HALF the program it is today without the generous help so many community members have given,

Peter
K1PGV

Status
Not open for further replies.