Enabling a favorite, with all sites and departments defaulting to "Off"

Status
Not open for further replies.

wharris

Premium Subscriber
I am re-organizing my Scanner. (BCD436HP)
My favorites typically consist of one system, with many subordinate sites/departments.
It seems as though when I enable a favorite/system, everything subordinate to system that is also turned on.
I believe that is by design.

So, when I want to listen to only one department, (example: 1-1-25), I would seem that have to first enable the favorite, then manually turn off everything else. What a pain.

Is there a way to *default* my subordinate sites/departments to NOT be active when enabling a favorite/system?

I feel like a metaphor for this is wanting just the kitchen light on in the house, but first having to manually turn off every other light.
I feel like I am missing something.
Thanks.
-Wayne

Last edited:

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
First, terminology-Avoid is the same as Lockout. To lockout individual channels, talkgroups or entire depts, agencies. In the Menu, go to Manage Favorites>Review/Edit System. Now choose what system, dept, channel, talkgroup you want to lock out. At each step there are “Avoid” options. Conventional systems will immediately show the Avoid option for the entire system, or you can choose to go to Edit Department and that will get you to a list of channels. Pick the channel you want to Avoid. Trunked systems are a bit different... choose Edit Sys Options to get to the Avoid option.

After awhile you will become familiar with the Menu and learn how to do what you want. It’s a large menu and the way to getting the same thing done have differing paths because the systems have different modes of operation, as my example shows. Run through a couple of scenarios for practice.

dougjgray

In sentinel you can edit the favorite list then go to the system and there is a tab Dept/Site Quick key status and uncheck all and when scan you just do the x.x.x to enable the one you want to hear. That would be the best way I believe

Last edited:

dougjgray

I should add that if you have quick key numbers on sites it looks you should give them different numbers then the depts or no site quick key numbers

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
Remember, there are 3 quick key levels.

Below: E = pressing the E key to enter

1. Favorite lists - (X then E)
2. Systems (.X than E)
3. Sites / Departments (..X than E) - note that at this level, sites / depts can't use the same number

Status
Not open for further replies.