• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Enabling Channel announcement on XTS 5000r

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthewll14

Hi I was wondering if I can enable Channel announcement on my XTS 5000r on Astro 25 Portable CPS 20.01.00. I have never actually programmed a radio in CPS before so is this something if I do wrong I can brick my radio or screw something up?

ExpatLMRGuy

Land Mobile Radio Technician III
Hi Matthew,

First and foremost, you will have to download the voice files (at least my CPS version did not come with them in the package). I'm not sure where you can get these files, however you can probably find a good zip file on google or ask Motorola?

You can get creative with these sounds ;)

Once you have the voice files downloaded and unzipped, follow these steps.

1. Open CPS and read your codeplug
  2. Click the Radio Ergonomics Configuration menu
  3. Select Voice Announcements dropdown menu
    1622847477847.png
  4. Select Voice Announcements List. (This list will allow you to add (+) the sound files you downloaded to the codeplug.
    1. Once these are all added, select the Voice Announcement Wide menu.
  5. Pair the dropdown menus to their corresponding sounds.
    1622847539402.png
Once you have finished, write or clone this to your radio(s) and test it out. You can write this to your radio by navigating to the top menu item labeled "Device" and "Write Device".

This should not brick your radio, as this is an ergonomical change and not system related.

Lastly, you can also add the voice files to your Zones in Zone Channel Assignment:

1622847422835.png

Good luck!

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Wrong CPS. He was not asking for APX. He was asking for Astro25 CPS how to do it.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
You make the voice files and upload them into CPS. Check the Help Files will explain it all. I used an online converter and compress them. At one point I had used the dispatchers voice recording when they a unit calls them. So it would say "Sheriff's Dispatch" in the dispatchers voice haha

matthewll14

You make the voice files and upload them into CPS. Check the Help Files will explain it all. I used an online converter and compress them. At one point I had used the dispatchers voice recording when they a unit calls them. So it would say "Sheriff's Dispatch" in the dispatchers voice haha
hahahah well now actually I cant even get into my radio because the code plug is password protected after I bought it off someone upon asking them they did no know the password. any suggestions and since we know I am not talking about the APX series will this brick my radio?

wgbecks

Adding voice announcement files will not brick your radio. However, you'll first have to deal with the password lock issue.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
hahahah well now actually I cant even get into my radio because the code plug is password protected after I bought it off someone upon asking them they did no know the password. any suggestions and since we know I am not talking about the APX series will this brick my radio?

Send me a message

Status
Not open for further replies.