Encraption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator596

Premium Subscriber
Many consider it a foregone conclusion that the trend towards encryption is natural and irreversible.
I don’t.
I believe this trend can not only be stopped, but reversed.
Doing so will require people to get involved.
Results are NOT guaranteed, but to do nothing invites the trend to continue.
You don't have to be rich, powerful or a Harvard grad to make a difference.
If you are interested in preserving the ability to listen – please pm or email me at happyfew282@gmail.com

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Many consider it a foregone conclusion that the trend towards encryption is natural and irreversible.
I don’t.
I believe this trend can not only be stopped, but reversed.
Doing so will require people to get involved.
Results are NOT guaranteed, but to do nothing invites the trend to continue.
You don't have to be rich, powerful or a Harvard grad to make a difference.
If you are interested in preserving the ability to listen – please pm or email me at happyfew282@gmail.com

I am not going to yawn or make fun of you like other people.
If you think this will help, good luck organizing and doing what you have to do and all the best.

se

In my opinion encryption does have its place but only in cases of homicide investigations and incidents involving children. Other than that communications equipment paid for by taxpayers should be 90%+ in the clear.

Sheldon.

scannerboy01

In my opinion encryption does have its place but only in cases of homicide investigations and incidents involving children. Other than that communications equipment paid for by taxpayers should be 90%+ in the clear.

Sheldon.
I totally agree with you. I hope that Alberta thinks of that once they start operating their new radio system in a few years.

scannerboy01

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

It is the province wide system. If you look in the Prairies forum, you could probably get more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.