encrypted freq???

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
Actually thier is way and for anyone who knows how to do this...Record it then decode it, obviously you can't do real time, i am not going to elaborate but being highly experienced in the computer field and my knowledge it is not impossible....

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
rdale said:
Well, the rest of the people who had knowledge of the technology knew it would be happening. Trunking is not even CLOSE to encryption when it comes to technical requirements.

I'm not sure where you're going with that statement anyways.

I never said they were CLOSE did I? it was just an example
I'm saying maybe its possible in the future
that is all I was hinting at.

im not sure where your reply was going either so we are even =)

Last edited:

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
To make it clear then - it's not possible now, and it WON'T be in the future.

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
lol we shall see, yall laugh now, then when i do no offense to anyone but then i can say told ya so :)

JoeyC

hawkeye32 said:
lol we shall see, yall laugh now, then when i do no offense to anyone but then i can say told ya so :)

You've been a member of this site for less than a month and already have a hefty post count. In the words of a famous mod here, you need to read more and post less. You have a LOT to learn and the only "I told you so's" won't be coming from you friend. :wink:

rcvmo

lol we shall see, yall laugh now,

That is until somone visiting this web has interest in your operations. Then they come a knockin'.
If I were you, I'd keep hush-hush about what you hear if and when you do. Federal laws apply not only to cellphone tapping but proprietary encryption as well.
rcvmo

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
JoeyC said:
You've been a member of this site for less than a month and already have a hefty post count. In the words of a famous mod here, you need to read more and post less. You have a LOT to learn and the only "I told you so's" won't be coming from you friend. :wink:

Yes that may be and i do read and i guess when i have questions or wondering i ask whats wrong with that?? I guess you could say i'm "ol school" and fairly "new" to the trunking technology,and what it is all about, i just picked up on a old hobby...

polkaroo

Missed him again!
hawkeye32 said:
very true, just saying that it is not impossible to do thats all

okay nec208.

i suggest a much less time-consuming route than cracking the encryption. why don't you just steal a radio. it would you get you into less trouble with property-theft than whatever code-cracking will get you charged with.

:roll:

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
He has been a member since April 30th actually.

Nice post count for 4 days.

JoeyC said:

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
No offense but something wrong with that??? Most of those are replying to other posts...

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
rdale said:
To make it clear then - it's not possible now, and it WON'T be in the future.

I think thats your own opinion NOT a proven fact.
Your entitled to your opinion, but dont pass it off as a proven fact

even if the chances are 1 in 10 trillion then its possible and your incorrect.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
whats wrong with a member replying on a forum in his first couple days.

Thats only 12 posts a day, big deal.
Shows hes active member and participating..

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
Thanks toronto, yes just trying to start up an old hobby and back when i first started no such thing as forums and stuff, so this was kinda cool to talk with fellow hobbyists, i guess thou some must take it more serious then others, but just trying to stay active and being new to show that i am not leech, and possibly offer maybe some asistance in areas, or buy equipment from people etc... I guess i follow the moto when in doubt after reading then ask, so again sorry if i offended anyone but i am not afraid to admit that yes i am a noob to the trunking aspect of scanning, and a couple of my posts may seem noobish, and yes i have tried to read and understand, but also the manual for this scanner is not the best either, so thats why i am asking questions, and yes for the most part i have been given resolution, some have been a little odd in the way they post, but its a free world to judge your own opion, also i did admit in one thread i was wrong for this encryption of decrypting it, it must be old analog encrypt, not sure how canadas system works but at least i admitted i was wrong...

Jammin_Jay

Old analog encryption? Could you be referring to Voice Inversion or perhaps DES.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Jammin_Jay said:
Old analog encryption? Could you be referring to Voice Inversion or perhaps DES.

Voice inversion is analog but DES is not. It's a digital form of encryption.

We can beat this to death but basically listening to an encrypted signal is out of the realm of possibility for us.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
torontokris said:
I think thats your own opinion NOT a proven fact.

So we have you on record saying that there will be a hack for DES encryption in the future... Go ahead and put a date, and I'll put up some money against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.