Encrypted on Troop K Dispatch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
This morning I have heard a number of transmissions on TG 7216, Troop K Dispatch, that were 'buzzed out" anyone know of encryption on the dispatch channels?

pdeveau2010

I haven't turned on the radio all day till now 5pm, and all normal transmissions now, so maybe it was the missing 3 kids today that kept transmissions encrypted.

dispatcher812

Premium Subscriber
I have never heard of the dispatch channels being encrypted. Even last week when they were looking for the guy from Oxford, the dispatch channels for I and G as well as the statewide comms were all in the clear. Maybe it just happened to go "digital" at that point?

sefrischling

Kitn1mcc ,

The buzzing appeared to only be on the dispatch side, which was odd. Happened on and off for maybe 90 minutes. I'd hear buzzing then hear the unit responding in the clear.

But yes, it certainly was some noise of some kind :0)

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
Most likely it was just kind of interference but I believe they can encrypt but they never do,case in point when the sandy hook tragedy was going on a year and a half ago I monitored it all in the clear on a few of theirs channels and you would think that that situation would of been encrypted.although there are a couple of ids that are full time encrypted in the state police system.

sefrischling

These are the encrypted talk groups regularly in use
TG 32784 - State Police Secure
TG 32048 - Statewide Narcotics - 1
TG 32688 - Statewide Narcotics Secure
TG 32624 - Criminal Investigations F-2
TG 32752 - Criminal Investigations Secure
TG 32720 - CSP ESU Secure
TG 48400 - DMV Secure

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
I dont understand why DMV is secure lol I can't see anything important enough to say that has to be secure , I understand the drug unit, esu and groups with surveillance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bfperez

Premium Subscriber
I dont understand why DMV is secure lol I can't see anything important enough to say that has to be secure , I understand the drug unit, esu and groups with surveillance.

With the understanding that I know nothing of CT government agency roles, my guess is that the DMV channel is related to commercial enforcement - trucks, cabs, or something like that and the big E is them being (overly) paranoid about nefarious drivers knowing where a checkpoint, sting, or impromptu checkpoint is being set up.

Beyond that, your guess is as good as mine.

sefrischling

As I understand it, DMV enforcement uses secure when discussing things such as shipping manifests and other info that is considered sensitive. Less of a privacy issue and more of a way to reduce truck hijackings and trailer thefts.

Status
Not open for further replies.