Encrypted talkgroup submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
There has been lots of discussion in the Hamilton/Halton P25 system threads regarding submissions being made for encrypted talkgroups etc etc. Question... I see someone submitted two talkgroups for the RCMP system and identified them as 'Surveillance'. I'm just curious how this is known.. I've had an eye on that system since it came on the air and I haven't heard *any* clear transmissions since the earliest days of the radio techs playing around. Just seems ironic that the discussion in the other thread (which made sense) that you really can't submit an encrypted talkgroup... yet we have these two. Now of course maybe there was clear activity on these, or someone is in the know... I dunno. Just putting it out there.

mciupa

I try and work with an honour system with submissions. If the submitter has a good history and equipment that I don't for monitoring, I give the benefit of the doubt.

I too, have not had anything audible come through on my scanners, just the talkgroups.

I will change the description.

Last edited:

VE3JSO

from what i see on the sarnia tower is just the talkgroup and i only heard a enc transmission that's it

LesWurk

Not saying it's so but a service tech for the agency could be providing info. Perhaps even a enlisted officer. Who knows what the contributors day job is.

frankh

Not saying it's so but a service tech for the agency could be providing info. Perhaps even a enlisted officer. Who knows what the contributors day job is.

when Windsor ps went enc on more than one occasion i heard personal from a outside agency doing a narrative as they scrolled through the tg's on a wps radio

Status
Not open for further replies.