Encryption for educational purposes

Telyron

is there a radio that provides €ncryption without the need for a DMR id or any sort of callsign or license to work?
just for educational purpose.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Your LTE cell phone, your WiFi router, all use encryption.

If you are looking for license free encrypted radio services in the USA, there really are not any options other than those above.

Telyron

Your LTE cell phone, your WiFi router, all use encryption.

If you are looking for license free encrypted radio services in the USA, there really are not any options other than those above.
Yes but one where only the people using it can modify the key, i mean if it would be possible to do it even illegaly, if people that wnat to could get a radio and talk together with an encryption protocol without being traced and without the need to insert a callsign

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Yes but one where only the people using it can modify the key, i mean if it would be possible to do it even illegaly, if people that wnat to could get a radio and talk together with an encryption protocol without being traced and without the need to insert a callsign

Well, if you are going to choose to do things illegally, then do whatever you want.

Legally, I can't think of any radio service where you can set up your own radios and use encryption without a license.
Amateur radio doesn't permit encryption for anything other than telecommand of satellites.
Part 95 radio services do not permit encryption.
Cheap Part 15 stuff probably would, but I'm not aware of any Part 15 suitable radios that would allow programming of encryption.

If you are located in the USA, an FCC license would be required to use Part 90 frequencies where encryption could legally be used. But you'd need to have a legit reason for getting a Part 90 license.

There is always the option of experimental licenses, but you'd have to have a pretty good reason for that, and convince the FCC that it wasn't something you could do on Part 90.

Seriously, if you are trying to obscure communications, one way NOT to do it is to try doing it where you are not allowed. That usually draws attention.
"Hiding in plain sight" is your best choice, and that would be Cellular/WiFi type stuff, where encryption is legal.

Or, find a cell phone app that adds encryption on top of the LTE encryption….