Encryption Rumors Or Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProLaw1

I keep hearing from several reliable sources that scanning will be coming to a halt soon in San Diego County,Maybe someone else can chime in and either confirm this or not, I know encryption is a sore subject on Radio Reference,but thought I would ask this ? Out of curiosity.Thanks folks

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I've been hearing rumors of encryption being implements for over a decade in S.E. Michigan and it's only been rolled out in a very limited areas and TG's. We likely won't know until it happens. Technicians and local government that might know what's coming and when would be irresponsible to disclose it at the risk of losing their jobs!

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
I keep hearing from several reliable sources that scanning will be coming to a halt soon in San Diego County,Maybe someone else can chime in and either confirm this or not, I know encryption is a sore subject on Radio Reference,but thought I would ask this ? Out of curiosity.Thanks folks

Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

Some agencies on the RCS have decided to encrypt some of their traffic (LE "Inquiry" talkgroups, for example). A couple of the cities have set up the ability to encrypt all of their LE communications.

This does not mean "scanning will be coming to a halt soon in San Diego County,"

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.