Encryption

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunjerry

I couldn't start new thread on encryption group. But this shouldn't violate the posted rules as long as its civil . I have been listening to scanners since 1971...but now there a lot of encryption, believe me or not.
But after all this years, I can put my ear up to the scanner speaker and listen carefully and I can understand 80 % of what they are saying..weird yes, but it helps me to know what is going on..let's don't violate the rules...what do you think?.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
@mmckenna - what are the DOJ/CLETS people gonna think about this?

Well, as long as the PII falls in that 20%, I guess it's OK.

@cajunjerry,
If you can understand any of it, then it's not encrypted. Maybe you are confusing this with something else, but AES, DES or any of the other encryption modes are not going to let 80% of the signal sneak by.
If it's some simple voice inversion scrambling (different than encryption) then maybe you can make some sense out of a few words and put it together. But voice inversion scrambling doesn't meet the definition of encryption.

mciupa

Database Admin
cajunjerry, what y'all have your volume set at?

Have you tried a couple of scanners, one on each side of your head for a mock stereo effect?

lamopac

Premium Subscriber
I have found this topic interesting. I have heard voice inversion and been able to make out a few words, but all the encryption that I have heard sounds like beeps, hisses, and static. Totally unintelligible.

David628

Premium Subscriber
I couldn't start new thread on encryption group. But this shouldn't violate the posted rules as long as its civil . I have been listening to scanners since 1971...but now there a lot of encryption, believe me or not.
But after all this years, I can put my ear up to the scanner speaker and listen carefully and I can understand 80 % of what they are saying..weird yes, but it helps me to know what is going on..let's don't violate the rules...what do you think?.

May be it’s “De” not “DE” on the frequencies he’s monitoring

danesgs

Hey, don't rule out he may be one of a very few remote "listeners". I read about those folks the Army trained in the 1970's. The three letter alphabet agencies were interested in psychic listeners who could hear conversations in remote parts of the world and scribble down the contents when given coordinates of the area in question. They even made a movie about it awhile back called "Listening to Goats" or something. Fascinating stuff. Art Bell had Ed Dames on his show a number of times who was a Army Major in that program so its likely he may actually be able to decode the audio that is encrypted by using his skills.

Many books have been written about this, surprised more folks here have never heard of "Remote Listening"

KJ4DGE

David628

Premium Subscriber
Hey, don't rule out he may be one of a very few remote "listeners". I read about those folks the Army trained in the 1970's. The three letter alphabet agencies were interested in psychic listeners who could hear conversations in remote parts of the world and scribble down the contents when given coordinates of the area in question. They even made a movie about it awhile back called "Listening to Goats" or something. Fascinating stuff. Art Bell had Ed Dames on his show a number of times who was a Army Major in that program so its likely he may actually be able to decode the audio that is encrypted by using his skills.

Many books have been written about this, surprised more folks here have never heard of "Remote Listening"

KJ4DGE

Sources?

Status
Not open for further replies.