• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

end fed antenna mounting help

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHARKNESS918

Can anyone give me some tips as far as setting up an end fed antenna from par electronics. http://www.grove-ent.com/ANT8.html . The manual was tough to understand by someone just starting to monitor hf. They say in the description you can mount inside, but at 45' , im trying to figure out a layout. I do live in a single family house, and have a second garage where my equiptment is...however, running 45' at a slope as they recommend is gonna cause people to clip themselves when we have partys out back...oh the dilemma!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

jrplmil

It should work good in a horizonal setup. Just run it around the top of your wall close to the ceiling and it will do a good job. There will be some signals you wont pickup as well on the vertical side. If you could afford an antenna tuner that would help some. Just locate a station then tune by ear for the best signal. I have lived in an apartment and used just a 20 foot wire and a tuner to transmit to japan so you should do fine. Have fun listening.

Status
Not open for further replies.