end transmission beep

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotpocket

Premium Subscriber
I know this is 100% in the wrong section, truth be told, I have absolutely no idea what section it should be in, so moderators, forgive me, and please move it to whereever it should be.

On to the question

I'm looking for sound effects of the different end transmission beeps in use on public safety radios. I know they almost certainly go by a different name (could be squelch tail, key tone, roger beep, unit id, I don't know). I want to use some in my Zello PTT app, but am having a hard time finding any.

Again, I apologize for putting this in this section, but its a really odd question, which I have no idea whatsoever where it should go

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Or just say "go ahead", "your turn", "over" or something similar and leave annoying beep tones alone. You really don't need them. Oh I know they are cool, but when there are other ways of signalling an end to your transmission, KISS.

teufler

Funny, we hams seem to dislike any tones or beeps, I think we associate them with CB roger beeps. Public service, usually its an ANI function, and within public service, the tones are no gig deal. I am not sure if the public service can heart the beeps, but they can see on their consoles who has called in as the tones display the caller.

12dbsinad

Funny, we hams seem to dislike any tones or beeps, I think we associate them with CB roger beeps. Public service, usually its an ANI function, and within public service, the tones are no gig deal. I am not sure if the public service can heart the beeps, but they can see on their consoles who has called in as the tones display the caller.

A lot of public safety users who use things like MDC-1200 for unit identification, mute the beeps a squeaks from consoles and other radios on the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.