Ended up with the 436HP (Mobile installation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

n1ic

Premium Subscriber
I have a GRE as well as the 996XT so I am going to be doing some selling. The HomePatrol sits in the bedroom so my wife could turn on if I'm not home and be able to listen if something happens to be going on.

Now, I saw some mobile installations of the 436 and I was wondering what mounts people were using. I don't like the idea of having the cig lighter/GPS as my power as well as local scanning source, but I'll deal with it for now. I am doing my best to get a nice clean mount for my truck and the 436.

What are others using and do you have pictures? I would love ideas.

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
I have a GRE as well as the 996XT so I am going to be doing some selling. The HomePatrol sits in the bedroom so my wife could turn on if I'm not home and be able to listen if something happens to be going on.

Now, I saw some mobile installations of the 436 and I was wondering what mounts people were using. I don't like the idea of having the cig lighter/GPS as my power as well as local scanning source, but I'll deal with it for now. I am doing my best to get a nice clean mount for my truck and the 436.

What are others using and do you have pictures? I would love ideas.

Try: Car Phone Holders and Dashboard Phone Mounts - ProClip USA

I am going to get the setup for my Durango. I do not want holes or screws on my dash and they have easy solutions for it. My clips (once bought) will have the scanner sitting over one of my air vents in the truck and I can close the vent so the unit will not get over heated or to cold.

n1ic

Premium Subscriber
Interesting I just checked out the one for my truck: Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 2013-2015 ProClip Center Mount*-*ProClip USA

It seems to block the whole AC (which in Florida is a challenge) vent. I might have to do it this way though as I want as clean of a look at possible. Thanks for the tip....

Edited:

Just read more about it and I have a column shifter which this won't work on.

Last edited:

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
You guys will probably laugh but this works great for me:

I took off the plastic cup holder part so that just the rubber window mount remained. The scanner's belt clip attachment (not the clip itself but the part that clicks into it) fits perfectly in the center cut-out. The best part is I can move it to either side of the car (or put in a rental car, friend's car, etc) easily depending on whether I'm the driver or passenger. That and the price - a whopping 2 bucks at any auto parts store.

-AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.