Enercell 6VDC car adapter on clearance for $4.97

Status
Not open for further replies.

sphipps

Hi all,

Radio Shack company stores currently have the Enercell 6VDC car adapter on clearance for $4.97 (regular $22) and includes one free Adaptaplug tip. I couldn't resist and picked one up along with a "C" tip. It seems to power my PRO-106 just fine even though the scanner's DC input is rated at 9v. For this reason I wouldn't suggest using it for charging... but for standard DC operation it works great especially at that price!

sphipps

If you plan on charging the batteries... yes, you'll need the 9VDC car adapter.

If you don't plan on recharging... then the $4.97 6VDC car adapter will work just fine with the PRO-106. The scanner operates on 4V-5.5V when on battery power, so a 6VDC car adapter will adequately power it. The RS part # is 273-368. Make sure they throw in a "C" Adaptaplug for free.

I've been using the $4.97 adapter with my PRO-106 in the car all weekend. Works great!

depending on your scanner it will need THE 9 Volt 1 & at least? 800ma adapter heer is 1 I bougght recently Enercell 9VDC/ 800mA AC Adapter : AC Adapters | RadioShack.com.. Chek your maunual for details

Last edited:

sphipps

My pleasure!

I was in at least 5 Radio Shacks last weekend and all of them had several left on the shelves... so they're definitely still around.

NYRHKY94

Thanks from me also! Just picked one up at my local RS (last one they had), along with the free adaptaplug. I was already using this exact model in my car with my Pro-106, so I'll put this one in the other vehicle now. Can't beat the $4.97 price :)

Status
Not open for further replies.