Energizer Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

godskidz

Hi to all.
Yesterday I went to Lowes and bought a Energizer 15 minute charger with
4 2200 NiMH AA batteries.
This morning I installed them in my bc246t at 10:30am and now it is 8:30pm and it is still
going strong 10 hours later.
Scanner has been on all day long with backlight on.
It only took 15 minutes to charge them.
The charger was $27.00+ tax.
The charger can charge one to four AA or AAA batteries.
Nice unit.

GOD BLESS

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
There you go getting me jealous.....
The 245 and 235 I have use a proprietary AA configuration so we're stuck.
Won't happen on the next portable I buy.
Good find, sounds like a nice set-up, hard to believe it's going that long
with the light on.

nexus

godskidz said:
Hi to all.
This morning I installed them in my bc246t at 10:30am and now it is 8:30pm and it is still
Nice unit.

GOD BLESS

NO WAY! KEEN!

Dude thank you for posting this information. I have the 246t and I get about 3 hours of operation from the rechargable batteries I use. It pissed me off when I realized how short of a life time these batteries have with this radio. I usually can get 8 or 9 hours with my PRO-95 but it has 4 batteries versus the 2 in the 246T. I thought I was just going to be stuck with carrying spare batteries around in my pocket. But if what you say is true I'm going to be getting me some of those for sure.

SCPD

QRT
Wow..you just talked me into getting one of those lol. I'll have to give it a try with my 396.

-Dylan

davidd2957

godskidz said:
Hi to all.

Can you post the model # for this fantastic 15 minute charger please.
THANKS!!
David D.

godskidz

Re. Energizer Charger

Right after I posted about my getting a charger, my scanner
started beeping low battery.
They lasted exactly ten hours.
GOD BLESS

wrngnmbr6

Considering I just did some major upgrading I went out and bought some batteries myself....24 AA's to be exact....Went to Walmart and bought a few 2500mAh Energizer AA's with a charger...Also have a place by me called Batteries Plus where I bought some more 2500 mAh AA's and 2 chargers....

b52hbuff

bwhite said:
There you go getting me jealous.....
The 245 and 235 I have use a proprietary AA configuration so we're stuck.
Won't happen on the next portable I buy.
Good find, sounds like a nice set-up, hard to believe it's going that long
with the light on.

You can get a Maha-777 II

http://www.thomas-distributing.com/maha-mh-c777-faq.htm

Use the clip leads and a 'dual pin header' and you can charge the 245's battery. I did it all of the time. Much faster charging that using the radio or the 'charging plate' accessory you could buy...

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
godskidz said:
Right after I posted about my getting a charger, my scanner
started beeping low battery.
They lasted exactly ten hours.
GOD BLESS

Please post back when the batterys start losing the ten hour capacity. :lol:

I think it was N_jay who said something about NI-MH batterys should be charged before their entirely discharged.

ct240guy

godskidz said:
Hi to all.
Nice unit.

GOD BLESS

I have the same ones and they work amazing. 15 mins to recharge is very nice and the life I get with them using my PRO-99 is almost 13 hrs crazy stuff!

DCHarris

Premium Subscriber
Caution

I was using one of the Energizer 15 minute chargers to charge the included batteries. I noticed one of the batteries was getting much hotter than the others. It then began sizzling, with some of the contents venting out of the top. Before I could unplug the unit, the top bulged outward/split. Fortunately I was watching the charger at the time. If anyone uses this charger I would make sure you are watching it the entire time the batteries are charging.

ct240guy

DCHarris said:
I was using one of the Energizer 15 minute chargers to charge the included batteries. I noticed one of the batteries was getting much hotter than the others. It then began sizzling, with some of the contents venting out of the top. Before I could unplug the unit, the top bulged outward/split. Fortunately I was watching the charger at the time. If anyone uses this charger I would make sure you are watching it the entire time the batteries are charging.

Its funny that you mention that because the other day I charged my batteries and they where VERY HOT where I could not hold them. Weird.
~Jibbz

sprite1741

poltergeisty said:
Thats cool.

I wonder if anyone here has this same battery time with the BC396D using the same battery capacity?

I am using the 2500 energizerizers in my 396t and they are lasting 14 hours. I also have some 6 mos old 2200's and they last 12 hours. The 2300 GP batteries that came with the 396 only last 10 hours. I am charging in the scanner only 8 to 12 hours and some of the scan time is with headphones, some is volume around 12 to 14. I also have the 15 min charger and find that they do not fully charge the batteries in 15 min, but if you leave them connected in the charger, even though the red light is green they will charge in several hours. If I use them right out of the charger the scanners voltage only reads 3.9, If I fully charge them I show a voltage of around 4.3.

There seems to be a difference in brands even though they are rated the same. I have some 1850ma energizer's that last over 10 hours in the 396t, and they are more than a year old. After I bought the 2500's, I have no use for those GP 2300's that Uniden supplied or any of my other batteries, and I just leave the energiizer 2500's in the scanner. I often run this scanner for 14 hours a day, and charge overnight. Works great for me, and when some higher capacity batteries are available from energizer, I plan on replacing the 2500mah.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
I just bought the Energizer 2200s and an extra pack of the 2500 batteries and they work great! Using them in my VR-500 and my FT-60 HT. The 15 minutes charger is awesome, can't beat it for the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.