Engine noise with byonics

Status
Not open for further replies.

ve2ihs

Hi,

My kenwood is fonctionning flawlessly, but since I hooked up the TT4 from byonics, I get engine noise in the radio (engine whistle RPM).

Any way to fix this? I'm not sure I understand how this all works. Since the radio itself works flawlessly, it's ruled out. How does the engine rpm goes to the radio and how to fix it? I see noise filter on sale on the webz, but it's a module with -+gr wires, or in/out rca's.

There are configuration into the TT4 itself for noise, but i think it's not for engine noise, unless I'm mistaken. It's set properly as per manual.

I need the help from you knowledgeable interwebs people.

Thanks!

ve2ihs

The radio is wired to the car battery. The byonics is powered via 12v cigarett lighter sockets.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
The radio is wired to the car battery. The byonics is powered via 12v cigarett lighter sockets.

I'd power the byonics off the battery like the radio. Cigarette lighter sockets are known to be noise sources. The circuit may be shared with other devices. The wiring for it is bundled in with all the other noisy circuits under the dash. If you are running any USB adapters, pull those also.
Make sure everything is well grounded, and I don't mean by a long negative power lead running all the way back to the battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.