ENGLEWOOD – Firefighters battled a blaze at a salvage yard Wednesday night that sent a huge plume of smoke into the sky.
The Englewood Fire Department says the fire broke out at All Recycling in the 1700 block of West Wesley just after 7 p.m.
No structures were on fire and no injuries were reported. Authorities say recyclable materials like auto parts, plastics and tires were burning.
Authorities warned area residents that if they are sensitive to smoke, they should stay inside and close their windows. There was not anything toxic burning, but officials say people should not keep inhaling smoke.
Black smoke from the fire could be seen from miles away.
About 40 firefighters were battling the blaze.