Englewood Homicide

Status
Not open for further replies.

ch40n1k

Englewood FD responding to a DOA due to homicide. Englewood PD on scene. Floyd and Clarkson.

O/F : DTRS Englewood PD and FD

Last edited:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Did you hear the first call to that address? ~The guy said he just killed a girl in his apartment. opps

Jim<

paradoximoron

Nosy Neighbor

I live next to that apt building, cops were here for about 5 hours, canvassed, all that. Any news?

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Media is confirming the death but also reporting EPD has not released any details yet.

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
ENGLEWOOD - Police investigating a death at an apartment building said Sunday they have a suspect in custody.

Around 5 p.m. Saturday, a man told Denver Police he had information about a woman at an apartment building located at 3300 S. Clarkson St. in Englewood. The officers called Englewood Police, who found the woman's body.

Sunday morning, police said a suspect was in custody for first-degree murder, but that person's name was not released.

The victim's name has also not been released. An autopsy is scheduled for Monday.

paradoximoron

And I thought it was accidental if anything...

WOW. 1st degree murder. Crazy. This is a fairly nice neighborhood, too. Can happen anywhere, eh?

paradoximoron

The apartment manager told me that the woman who was killed had only been living in the apartment for a few weeks so nobody really knew her that well. She didn't say whether or not the suspect was living there, too. She said she couldn't really talk about it but that the police would be releasing more information today after the autopsy is complete.

In other news, the cops are still here two days later and the scene is still taped off. I've never been this close to something this serious before but I guess I always assumed they would come in, do the investigation, then pack it all up after a few hours and leave. It's been a fascinating process to watch.

ch40n1k

DENVER -- Englewood police have released more details about the stabbing death of a young woman in her apartment over the weekend.

On July 19, officers found a dead woman inside an apartment in the 3300 block of South Clarkson Street, while conducting a welfare check.

An autopsy conducted on Monday determined that Melissa Lewandowski, 20, died from multiple stab wounds. The woman's name was withheld until relatives were notified of her death.

Police arrested Rayner Ramarui, 26, for investigation of first-degree murder. They said he lived in the same apartment building as the victim at one time. Their relationship had not be determined.

Wacko

About 5 blocks from my house!

What channels and talkgroups are you picking up Englewood PD and FD on? I just got my scanner and very rarely get anything from the ones posted in the database.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
EPD = 3075 & 3076

EFD = 3077 & 3078

What control channel are you using? Glendale appears to be the best.

Jim<

Wacko

Thanks for the info, Jim.

I do have all of these in my scanner. I am actually using the Arapahoe County channels as the control.

I'll give the Glendale channel a whirl.

DC

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Remember DTRS is control channel trunking so you don't need all the frequencies programmed in, just the control channel for Glendale that's 853.7000

What scanner are you using?

Jim<

Wacko

I've got a Grecom PSR500. I'll plug in the 853.7000 channel. I have been getting the 3075 talkgroup on 852.10000 as well.

DC

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.