English & French in use 32.3 MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

6Adam27

From home WSW of Denver and later in the mobile, caught some FM traffic on 32.3 MHz today. We have, to the South at about 60 miles, Fort Carson with its range. Further to the South and East (> 130 Miles) there is Pinion Canyon. This frequency is not one of the regular range frequencies in the database. I have it noted as a Colorado National Guard frequency and that I have previously heard traffic on it. Signals varied but most were fully readable from the base and mobile.

Todays traffic was conducted initially in English with references to the range and to a number of (firing?) positions. Traffic was first noted at 0820 mountain and the last traffic was noted at 1600 mountain. Some administrative traffic was heard and at one point "The Medics" were told they could leave. Call signs were single numbers with "zero" as the net control.

After the early traffic the language changed to French. Numeric co-ordinates were passed. These were different on each occasion. There was an occasional piece of traffic in English, again of a more administrative type. Some of the English had a distinct Canadian accent to it.

Anyone else hearing this? Anyone else have any idea where it might be?

gvranchosbill

I heard this also from N/W Nevada around 15:00 Hrs (Give or take) Pacific Time.

Days include but not limited too Mar 04 Mar 06
These freqs have "ZERO" attached with their comms.
I believe more i have been hearing could be with this group but i dont want to saturate with unrelated freqs.

30.300/150.0 "THREE/TWO" to "NINE/ONE-ROMEO" all "EAGLES" are moving
31.600/150.0 "NINE/ONE-ROMEO" to "NINE/ONE-CHARLIE" over
32.300/150.0 "TWO/NINER ALPHA" to "ZERO" with grids
32.300/150.0 FRENCH Language March 04
32.700/150.0 "GUNNERY RANGE" this is "ZERO"
41.600/150.0 "NINE/ONE ROMEO" this is "ZERO" over

These are some of several freqs i have been hearing in March.
I did a search with RANGE CONTROL CALLSIGN "ZERO"
and came up with ALBERTA-ZERO at CFB-Suffield,Calgary,Alberta
Unconfirmed but very possible.

Last edited:

w2xq

Mentor
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; UPC300-2.2 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Hearing French in NAm suggests Quebec. Was there F2 open to the east?

6Adam27

Sounds likely

F2 seems likely. Like the possible location too gvranchosbill.

The antenna at home was a Ventenna 15s at almost peak hight with a Uniden 785. In the mobile I use a mag mounted (I know, I know) 40 MHz base-loaded whip on the rear of the roof. Seems to work well for the local blackhawks and other NVIS type traffic.

gvranchosbill

Antenna:Antron 18' 9.9db Gain CB.
Coax:RG-8X
Radio:Uniden BCT-15

The CB antenna works better than the ground plane antenna cut to 42MHz (1/4 Wave) that i used prior.
Im going to try a horizontal dipole very soon to see what that does.

Status
Not open for further replies.