• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Enhanced ID vs MDC1200

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatekeep

FAIL 01/93
Premium Subscriber
MDC1200 is exactly that MDC1200.

Enhanced ID is essentially the Harris equivalent of Motorola TPS (Tactical Public Safety); which is essentially just a P25 data packet containing the 7 digit P25 LID. I can confirm that the Harris Enhanced ID and Motorola TPS are cross-platform (e.g. the Harris decodes the P25 PTT ID packet from Motorola, and the Motorola decodes the P25 PTT ID packet from Harris) compatible.

IFRIED91

Arrive alive
Premium Subscriber
I’ve been told the FDNY dual chirps u hear on Fireground frequencies is just this right? But then Motorola has a plugin called G587 FDNY TX/RX tone set which work in conjunction with TPS

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
G857-FDNY Emergency Rx/Tx Tone Set has nothing to do with TPS. G857 is a FLASHcode option (not a "plugin") that allows the radios to generate a specific set of emergency tones.

IFRIED91

Arrive alive
Premium Subscriber
G857-FDNY Emergency Rx/Tx Tone Set has nothing to do with TPS. G857 is a FLASHcode option (not a "plugin") that allows the radios to generate a specific set of emergency tones.
Yeah I’m just learning the ins and outs of Motorola… so those tones u hear at an incident on FDNY Tac channels is that tone set?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I don't know what tones you're referring to. Could be the TPS you're hearing, could be SCBA PASS alarm, could be G857. 🤷‍♂️

gatekeep

FAIL 01/93
Premium Subscriber
Yes, I believe what your hearing is TPS (e.g. P25 PTT ID on Analog channels) on FDNYs tactical channels.

rjschilder

Let me test it out on my XG100P… I have feature 57 enabled… oh another question… what’s DES-CFB?? Only available on wideband tho
DES-CFB is for DES encryption of analog channels. XG-100 and XL-200 support it for sure.

IFRIED91

Arrive alive
Premium Subscriber
I Just programmed a simplex radio to radio channel and enabled enhanced ID... the other unit just hears nasty beep more like a screech in place of MDC1200. im guessing this feature is meant to be used in conjunction with compatible fireground accountability systems that decode P25 IDs

Status
Not open for further replies.