• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Enhanced Privacy Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave90000

Our dept runs xpr6550 radios with enhanced privacy and everything works fine. Some of the other surrounding depts. are using 6550 and 3500 series and the encryption works fine on our system

Another dept got some new xpr7550 radios in and we can not get the radios to decrypt properly.with our system

I have reentered the key, changed it to something else and then changed it back, and also completely removed the key and then added it back. Usually blowing the key away and re entering it will fix a decryption issue but it wont with the xpr7550.

I'm sure I am missing something simple but its escaping me.

Any ideas?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
All the 7550s are doing it? When they TX encrypted can you copy them ok on the 6550s? What firmware version are they at? Aside from the KID and key value there really isn't a whole lot to mess with..

dave90000

I'll have to check the firmware on the 7550 the 6550's are at varying firmware lvls from 1.09 to latest and it will not decrypt either direction. The radios will open and receive audio both directions but its garbled.

firefive76

As Forts said, make sure your key ID and the value are both the same. If you have more than one key entered, they have to be in the same order as the 6550's.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
.....which is dumb, because if the KID is assigned properly it should work. But I bet it's one of these silly little details that's mucking it up. I've never had issues with order keys were entered etc, but who knows... could be an issue on certain firmware versions or something.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
99% sure you have the key ID's misaligned. If each radio is hearing the other garbled, then they are receiving a key that does not match what they are programmed to receive on that specific channel. You can create a test channel and test key to verify this. Make it key ID 20 or something in each radio, ensure enhanced privacy is enabled, give them identical keys, and confirm they can talk to each other.

Paul

dave90000

Its fixed. We put the keys in the same order with exactly the same names which shouldn't make any difference as long as the key is correct and the correct one is linked to the channel but apparently it does as the reorder fixed the issue.

Thx for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.