Enhancements in central Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkm

Just in case anyone is reading this evening...

I was scanning around 800 MHz tonight and heard two different Motorola control channels that weren't familiar. On my BCD396T, there is an option to scan the band for systems and they automagically start tracking (at least for Motorola Type II) and they even tell you the name of the system that is being broadcast.

From here in Columbus, I heard the following:

866.1625 - Jefferson County, Ohio
855.2375 - City of Cleveland

Probably nothing too out of the ordinary, but still, 120+ miles isn't bad for 800MHz on a magnet mount antenna! Also heard amateur radio repeaters in Jefferson County and one in SE Ohio on 2 Meters.

Happy Scanning!

Justin/W1IX

jpryor

It was pretty amusing last night. From Toledo, I had Cleveland, Akron, Canton, Montgomery Co, Dayton area systems, plus many MARCS sites from as far away as Belmont County.

PhilJSmith67

The band opening continues... 30 miles south of Chicago I am getting the faint picture of TV channel 43 out of Lorain/Cleveland, which is pretty good considering it has to fight its way through a Chicago DTV signal on 43. I am also getting control channels that I have yet to identify.

The MECA system out of Indianapolis (Moto/800) is wreaking havoc on the Will County IL public safety system.

jkm

Another slight enhancement this morning

I was, this morning, just scanning around up in the area of the band where the MARCS systems usually live and I heard a regular Motorola Type II control channel (which sounds different than the MARCS Omnilink control channels). Lo and behold, inside my apartment in Columbus I'm hearing the Montgomery County TRS and the City of Dayton with a rubber duck (which I can only usually hear with a yagi outside in a field). There's some fading on the signal, but it's decodable for the most part.

Time to get the yagi out and start hunting for some other systems!

Justin/W1IX

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
I live in Franklin County. Last night aroung midnight I was picking up stuff as far away as Preble County which is on the Indiana border, loud and clear! I also got stuff like Seneca and Wyandot County, all loud and clear. It was pretty amazing, because I don't even have an external antenna, I am just using the antenna that came with my PRO-2055. :)

hoser147

Seems as if skip was rolling pretty good in the evening thru this morning I also was coping a lot of traffic that i normally dont recieve, and it was coming in loud and clear.......good scannin........hoser147

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
I was picking up the W8VTD repeater in BROOKFIELD, OH on 146.970mhz here in Kitchener, Ontario last night along with some sort of Public Safety on 153.655mhz. Heard them talking about a Christy House on Main st in Warren, but just my luck there is a Warren in MI, OH, and PA and nothing listed as PUblic safety for that frequency.

Oh and worked KC2GON near Erie, PA last night on 2M SSB using 10w into a dual-band vertical. :) CQ Field Day

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.