Enoch in the Ponoka County DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

omrail

Hello. I am looking throw the Alberta DB and have found that there is a listing for Enoch Tribal Police under Ponoka. Enoch is very much not in Ponoka County but i am wondering if anyone can confirm if the Frequency of 154.22000 is being used in the area? The Sub-Category Details does have the GPS in the right area west of Edmonton.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
It has gone silent. The Tribal Police is no more and has been replaced by an RCMP detachment in Enoch on Channel A15. I have left the frequency in my scanner for years in case it gets used for something else but nothing yet.

omrail

Just to confirm Harry your talking the true Enoch just West of Edmonton? I know and what I can find Louis Bull had and still has a police service and wondering if there using 154.22000.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Confirming that I was talking about Enoch west of Edmonton. And that they used frequency 154.220. I am also under the impression Louis Bull police has folded and gone to RCMP. There is still a MotorTurbo frequency for Fire and EMS. I believe it is 153.800 Sampson band.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
As far as the database we need to move any of that stuff in Ponoka County to one of the reserves in the area. We need to create a Stony Plain Reserve section for the Enoch frequencies.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
As far as the database we need to move any of that stuff in Ponoka County to one of the reserves in the area. We need to create a Stony Plain Reserve section for the Enoch frequencies.

The decision was made several years ago to cut down on the number of reserves because there were dozens in the database with zero information in them. Stony Plain was one of them.

If Enoch Tribal doesn't exist any more and the local RCMP frequency is used, the RCMP frequency should just be listed in the county in which its tower exists (or where the main detachment using the channel exists), with the appropriate lat/long and range, so that it covers other counties as necessary. Otherwise there are unnecessary duplicates cluttering up the DB (like there is in Maskwacis, currently listed under the Samson Reserve county, with RCMP C4 being listed - while it's also already listed in Wetaskiwin).

omrail

I am also under the impression Louis Bull police has folded and gone to RCMP.

i was also but as per a page on the Alberta Solicitor General site it was showing it had not. Having a look for that page today i found another page that is up to-date showing it had in deed.

If Enoch Tribal doesn't exist any more and the local RCMP frequency is used, the RCMP frequency should just be listed in the county in which its tower exists (or where the main detachment using the channel exists), with the appropriate lat/long and range, so that it covers other counties as necessary. Otherwise there are unnecessary duplicates cluttering up the DB (like there is in Maskwacis, currently listed under the Samson Reserve county, with RCMP C4 being listed - while it's also already listed in Wetaskiwin).
i fully agree.

Now that i know with more confident that there is nothing on the frequency listed and the fact that Enoch is over an hour away from the Maskwacis area i will submit that it is no longer used by anyone.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Samson Cree Nation Peace Keepers

I'm wondering about a listing on the Sampson RR listing. It's the Peace Keeper listing of 465.125. IC lists it but as repeater out of 460.125 call sign VDH 586. Wondering if it's still active.

This unit was recently seen in South Edmonton as Tri Nation Veteran Peace Keepers with various antennas on roof including UHF.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 75

SCPD

QRT
460.125 is active, quiet when I have been in the area but occasionally catch some traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.