Enter a specific channel and hold on it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foley95661

Premium Subscriber
How would you enter a specific channel and hold on it? Going to NASCAR this weekend and i will purchase the updated channel listing for the race upon my arrival . Will not have my computer available to do any updates. I would like to just be able to enter a channel and hold on it. Been looking through the forums and user guide and i am not able to locate this simple task. Thanks in advance...

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
How would you enter a specific channel and hold on it? Going to NASCAR this weekend and i will purchase the updated channel listing for the race upon my arrival . Will not have my computer available to do any updates. I would like to just be able to enter a channel and hold on it. Been looking through the forums and user guide and i am not able to locate this simple task. Thanks in advance...

To quickly lock onto one frequency on that scanner:

when in normal scanning mode.... press "hold", enter frequency on the number pad, and press "hold" again.

To resume normal scanning, just press "scan".

Foley95661

Premium Subscriber
Thank You however, I get Bad TGID when I press "hold", enter frequency on the number pad, and press "hold" again.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
OMG - thanks, would help if entered "." thank you!

Your welcome. BTW, if you wish to enter another frequency quickly while in that mode, enter it on the keypad (without pressing "hold" first), and then press "hold" again after you enter the new frequency.

wtp

HOLD works for a frequency or a trunk talkgroup, if you are scanning that system
the difference is the"."
with it it knows it is a frequency and without a talkgroup.

Status
Not open for further replies.