Enteregy

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunjerry

So I have been searching for talk groups and I d ,I've never seen this before. While listening to 2 men talking the id kept changing from ,
705606 to 725709

cajunjerry

Thanks for the quick responses. That is my first time to see this..they weren't talking business, it was very personal. Jerry

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
And the APX becomes the CB and cellphone of the lineman.... On top of being the mission critical communications tool. Yeah, I-Calls are a lot less professional since they are NOT heard by dispatch or anyone else on the user talkgroups. On an DMR system here, one trucking company uses the I-Calls for cuss out calls when someone messes up.

cajunjerry

Thank you for the info. I didn't know any of that.
BTW I sent in a cc for the database. But Eric asked me for the site information. I don't have it..

charlie12

Thanks for the quick responses. That is my first time to see this..they weren't talking business, it was very personal. Jerry

Jerry years ago when LSP was still on 800 mhz I heard two Troopers on I-call the POI at that time for Troop A was black and they were saying you know the only reason he got that job was because of you know what. They had no idea people could hear them.
I've warned a couple of my Trooper friend about not saying anything on the radio they wouldn't say on the dispatch channel.

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
Entergy uses iCall more than anyone else I monitor. In 4 months I've caught one on LWIN. I hear 3-5 a day on Entergy. Probably why I can't narrow down their talkgroups....they use i-call for everything it seems!

cajunjerry

I only have those 2 and 1 other tg Id it is very hard to figure out what they are or where they are at. I have heard them talking about a job 80 miles from me

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
I only have those 2 and 1 other tg Id it is very hard to figure out what they are or where they are at. I have heard them talking about a job 80 miles from me

What you're seeing is the UID or RID. They change because depending on your scanner, the one talking stays on top. for example itl say SRC-DST and they'll flip when each person starts talking. Most scanners allow you to program a wildcard id in your favs list so they'll show up there too.

If you live near a major service area or regional hq such as West Monroe (where I'm near), they do use a plethora of legit TGIDs as well as i-call. However, when I started trying to track them back in January, the P-25 database was useless. I have since logged many sites and am starting to be able to track them from location to location. My plan is to get the system logged, THEN ill worry about TGIDs. I've posted on the multi-state forums thread but it seams I was the only one that was trying to get their new P25 system in the database best I could. It's difficult because they are still, or were as of March, still using their old Moto system in some places; while everything here, S. Ark, and W. MS is all P25 TDMA.

Speaking of, one of the sites on my list to confirm is in Haynseville. It's the last one westbound that I don't have. You should be able to hit that from Webster depending on your scanner. Mind giving it a try?

Also, what site(s) do you monitor? Are they Old Moto or P25? Springhill is on my list to confirm as well.

Thanks,

Last edited:

cajunjerry

Yes I have been trying for Haynesville..here is the problem, I found Springhill so CC and RR will not post it because I don't have a site ID

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
Whoops, I monitor the P25 system.

And I lied about Haynesville being the last North LA site on my list to decode. Springhill is.

What scanner do you have? You should be able to get the site id and verify that it is TDMA on the activity log.

Here's my "unconfirmed" Springhill site info. Is this what you're monitoring?

WPMD415 912 BAKER
SPRINGHILL, LA
33-00-11.7 N, 093-26-52.7 W

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
Thumb keeps hitting send on phone the ID is either 257 or 152 ..can't read my driving writing lol

That's the one. And I would be careful driving, scanning, typing, and ID-ing. JS

On the 996P2 there's got to be a system analyzer on that thing. I'm looking on the Easier to Read manual which are fantastic btw Easier to Read BCD996P2/XT Digital Scanner Manual

Once we find it, and you are stationary, verify the system ID which is 64F. And it will give you the Site number. Usually in site and sub-site numbers depending on the scanner. You're looking for a 2 or 02 and another number most likely between 35-50. That will be the RFSS plus site that we need for the database.

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
Oh I found it.

Control Channel Data Output
Interwebs say to turn that on, don't know how maybe in the menu?, and hold on the CC and It'll spit out that data. Take a picture if you have to and I'll help you. I don't have a 996P2 but all P25 systems will display this data so it shouldn't be too difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.