Entergy Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
About half of the existing Entergy license are now modified for P25, and new licenses being accepted for new sites. Start looking for new 800 MHz P25 control channels guys.

balibago

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Higher Electric Bill

I hope that new Entergy P25 system doesn't cause my electric bill to go up.

riccom

Upstate S.C.
Premium Subscriber
Jerry, see if maybe if they rebanded, its a shot but I know that some had been in the 860 8875 to 860 9125 and have been in the rebanding "zone" so try that, and how are you bro?

Sent from my Torque using Tapatalk

cajunjerry

Ive been trying for a long time to figure out Entergy here in NW La. At one time I was able to hear them on an 800 freq talk around..I have in several freqs and hear some where in Ar and then last week I was in Claiborne parish and heard them from somewhere..I bet it may pickup during a storm..

INDY72

Entergy did a "sort of" reband, but not as crazy as public safety did. A few utilities and SMR's did "sort of" rebands but not all did the switches etc with Nextel, some did deals with SoLinc. The frequency changes are slightly different from the PS changes, and most still work on the "normal" tables, though there are a few that you better use the "rebanded" multi tables settings on. But all this will be changing over the next few years. Initial changovers on existing sites to ASTRO-25 are supposed to begin anytime from now through July. New sites are also being built to fill in coverage gaps found during the feasibility studies. These will be built and brought in as the Zones are changed over. This is supposed to begin sometime this summer through the next 2 years. Total system build out is supposedly going to be finished by first quarter of 2017 from what I was told. I have no word on if any encryption is going to be used yet, but I do know USDHS is pushing all utilities to use full time encryption.

balibago

Banned
USDHS

USDHS, aren't they the ones who process the payments for the water company? What other utilities have gone P25? You can't hear the gas company cause they are 100 percent MDT and cell phone. I'm talking Centerpoint energy here.

INDY72

USDHS, aren't they the ones who process the payments for the water company? What other utilities have gone P25? You can't hear the gas company cause they are 100 percent MDT and cell phone. I'm talking Centerpoint energy here.

United States Department of Homeland Security.
I don't think they process any of your bills. LOL
They are trying to get utilities to use the most secure systems possible to improve the security of the nation's "grid". (If only they were more worried about upgrading the crumbling infrastructures as much as communications.)

There are several that have gone to P25, MotoTRBO, NXDN, and yes even OpenSKY. As EDACS, is no longer being supported in the very near future, AEP is upgrading their network to OpenSKY, Entergy is going P25 because Motorola is ending support for the old Smart Net, and Smart Zone systems (Legacy analog/"mixed mode" systems). Centerpoint uses mixtures of MDT's Cellular, radio (analog, and digital) depending on location.

balibago

Banned
no title

I know for a fact Cleco has a 900mhz system and it is extremely rare to hear anything out of them unless their is some kind of emergency or a group of trucks are working together to restore power, I suspect the main office just sends them something on the MDT. Lafayette despite going to encrypted P25 on all their emergency services has a quite active analog utilities system. Water, electric, sewer, public works etc. I suspect they may ditch the old analog Motorola type two some years from now and go to a conventional channel for each service or to TRBO. I can't believe ALL of these Motorola systems will be shut down soon. Rapides parish also has a robust Motorola type 2 system, what do you think will happen to it in the near future.

INDY72

They will either go LWIN, MotoTRBO, or if they want to keep using the old Smart Zones, they will go to Kenwood/EFJ as they are continuing support for that type of system, at least for now. Rapides most likely will go LWIN.

" I can't believe ALL of these Motorola systems will be shut down soon." Yes, Motorola is moving to newer technologies, including ASTRO-25, and MotoTRBO DMR. Same thing that is happening with EDACS as it also is no longer going to be supported by Harris. Same thing with Windows XP, as Microsoft ends support in just an month! *I got to dl and load 7 if I want my laptop to be useful for another couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.