Entergy in China?

Status
Not open for further replies.

badlans

Premium Subscriber
I wanted more info on Entergy's trunked system in Arkansas. So, I go to the Entergy page and click on "RR Locations" for that system. There is one data point in the middle of China that just screws up my whole perception of reality.

Is there any chance that this coordinate is a mistake? If so, how does one fix it? Maybe the Chinese have more penetration into our economy than I understood? It's a mystery.

Perplexed . . . Brad

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I wanted more info on Entergy's trunked system in Arkansas. So, I go to the Entergy page and click on "RR Locations" for that system. There is one data point in the middle of China that just screws up my whole perception of reality.

Is there any chance that this coordinate is a mistake? If so, how does one fix it? Maybe the Chinese have more penetration into our economy than I understood? It's a mystery.

Perplexed . . . Brad
That looks to be a typo from the FCC license, which is where the database gathers this information.

Look at the site 'in China':
Site Description: Dermott (Chicot)
Site County Location: Chicot
Latitude N 33.529828
Longitude W 91.426957

Now, look at the details on another Entergy site, also in Chicot County:
Site Description: Lake Village (Chicot)
Site County Location: Chicot
Latitude N 33.165800
Longitude W -91.1607

For the 'Dermott' site, the Longitude is shown as "West", but without the needed "-" (minus) sign, so the mapping program treats it as East Longitude, and shows it as being out of the country.

badlans

Premium Subscriber
Mystery Solved

Good detective work. So much for Quality Control at the FCC. I guess that's OK, so long as that station doesn't have to comply with Chinese spectrum restrictions.

Thanks . . . /brad

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
The FCC record isn't wrong -- It was just input wrong. The FCC record not only shows the correct " - " in the longitude, but it shows slightly different information regarding the site location. Might want to submitt that to the DB so that an admin will pick it up and work it.

WPNZ929 33.54178 -91.43900 DERMOTT CHICOT AR

Yeah, maybe the original record was incorrect and somebody updated the FCC record later, but I'm leaning toward a clerical error. I've made an erroneous lat/long entry many times, and there is no reason to believe that other admins don't make that mistake from time to time.

Mike

trumpetman

Database Admin
"RR Locations" are input by hand by an admin. "FCC Callsigns" is data pulled from all the licenses associated to that trunking system. Submit a ticket and they'll add/remove a "-" and we'll be back in business.

Status
Not open for further replies.