Entergy P25 Licenses appearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
The new multi state ASTRO-25 TRS for Entergy is closer to being a reality as licenses are showing up, and some sites have been staged up at Motorola in IL. There are currently, I believe one or two licenses for sites at least for AR, LA, MS, TX and TN. When completed, this will be a very large P25 Phase II network covering most of three states and a good chunk of two others.

Pending the modifications... here are a few of them-
AR
WPMD409
WPMG326
WPMJ409
LA
WPLW804
TX
WPMD590

Last edited by a moderator:

INDY72

From my understanding, the first zones in each state should be completed within a year, then second and so on... Entire project is to have analog system completely converted, and new sites done within 3 - 5 years total. Some have said sooner, but I am realistic about it.

INDY72

Everyone that is in listening range of Entergy Sites start watching them closely for P25 Testing. Anyone that has digital, or tapped scanners and Pro96Com, DSD+, Unitrunker, Trunk88.... You know the drill! :)

INDY72

WPFQ529 2 more sites upgraded in AR.
WPMD256 Pointe Coupee site upgrade.
WPKY401 Crystal Springs, MS site upgrade.
WPVY800 Brandon, MS site upgrade.
WPJM545 Stewart, MS site upgrade.
WPKN974 Southaven Upgrade.
WPLQ231 Silver Creek, and Union Church upgrades.

Last edited by a moderator:

INDY72

Attn ms, ar, tn, la!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been informed that Entergy has or is about to commence onlining P25 sites for signals testing.... Please start keeping a wildcard on the Entergy system for this.... Once we have confirmation of active CC's and they broadcast data, we can built the new system for the DB.

balibago

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I hope my electric bill doesn't go up with all that digital modulation. Will it be Phase 1 or2?

balibago

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Oh shucks I noticed it would be phase 2. Now I know it will really make our bills go through the roof. a lot of people on fixed incomes can't afford the new equipment. We will be in the dark in 2 ways. One no radio signal and two if we buy the equipment we can't afford to pay our electric bills.

INDY72

It will be phase II capable. Whether TDMA is full time is not yet known. Your bills are not going up to pay for it. They would already have done so. Encryption usage possible on the Nuclear Plant Ops, and possibly Security. Interop talks are in progress for MSWIN, LWIN, AWIN, TACN, and with State of TX.

Status
Not open for further replies.